Director of Strategic Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Columbus, OH, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We’re Looking For
The Director of Insurance Strategic Partnerships will oversee a team of quota-carrying Strategic Account Executives, establish best practices for partnership development, and ensure sales effectiveness in collaboration with insurance carriers. This role reports to the SVP of Insurance & Partnerships.
What You Will Bring
You are an accomplished professional with a history of high-performance in quota-carrying roles within the insurance industry, preferably in a B2B and commoditized environment, coupled with managerial experience. A strategic thinker and problem solver, you thrive on initiative, demonstrating a strong work ethic and versatility in both crafting innovative partnership pitches and analyzing sales performance through comprehensive reporting.
What You Will Do
- Develop and nurture strategic partnerships with insurance carriers to drive business growth.
- Manage a team of quota carrying Strategic Partner Account Executives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align partnership strategies with overall company goals.
- Lead negotiations and contract discussions with insurance carriers.
- Analyze market trends and competitor activities to identify new opportunities.
- Provide insights and recommendations to enhance existing partnerships and create new ones.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of partnership initiatives.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 7+ years of experience in sales, including 2+ years in leadership positions
- Proven track record of successfully establishing and managing partnerships in the insurance industry.
- Strong understanding of insurance products and market dynamics.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.