Quantitative Developer, Commodities - NY
Beacon Platform was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack.
As a Commodities-focused Quantitative Developer at Beacon Platform, you will be working within the Quant team to build out and expand our Commodities/Energy product offering. You will collaborate with developers in other teams to deliver developer and end-user functionality for trading and risk management. In addition, you will interface directly with our clients, who themselves extend the platform to implement their own proprietary risk models and analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Valuation, risk and trade lifecycle for global commodities markets with a focus on OTC and exchange-traded products on North American/European Power, Gas, Oil, Crude, and Metals
- Build, extend, and maintain frameworks within the platform supporting products across asset classes, particularly commodities, their valuation, associated lifecycle and trade management, risks (e.g. Greeks, VAR, XVA), scenario analysis, cashflow generation, and model development.
- Identify and advocate for new models and design patterns necessary for the continuous improvement of an evolving infrastructure to support all clients
- Write and maintain high-quality code that responds to business, functional and quantitative requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that supports and expands engineering solutions - targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of development experience using Python
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, ability to convey technical topics to a diverse audience
- Knowledge of commodities and energy markets
- Knowledge of market conventions, deal structures, and pricing/risk management of derivatives
- Experience in a front office development role, preferably on a trading desk, supporting derivatives pricing and risk analytics
- Experience developing code in a production environment - preferably enterprise risk systems
- Strong software engineering culture supporting all the phases of software development cycle
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases and debug applications
- Solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience as a Quant/Quant Developer in the Commodities/Energy space
- Experience building, enhancing, and maintaining real-time quoting and risk systems
- Experience with any strongly-typed programming language(s)
Expected Range: $190,000 - $200,000
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Flexible work arrangements (Hybrid)
- Opportunity to work with a talented and experienced team.
- Fast-paced and innovative work environment.
Beacon Platform is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify