Senior Client Engineer
Beacon Platform was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Our products enable financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack.
As a Senior Client Engineer at Beacon you will work on a variety of client-focused engagements including onboarding and implementation of Beacon Platform and helping our clients get the most value from our product. You'll write code that will solve our clients' problems, and you may also contribute to our product itself through design input and code. You’ll be based in our Client Engineering team and work closely with a variety of other teams at Beacon. You will have an influential role in driving client satisfaction and Beacon's own growth.
- Understand and keep up to date with both our product and our client landscape as they evolve
- Provide on-boarding and integration guidance for clients - including discovery conversations with clients, architecting the design, considerations of data flows and end-user functionality, etc.
- Originate solutions that will help our licensed clients make the most of their investment in Beacon
- Partner with Beacon's Product Engineering and Project Management teams to provide a resource of technical expertise for our clients
- Develop code in collaboration with clients to prototype and develop solutions for their business needs
- Gather feedback from clients relating to our product and ensure this is consolidated and distributed to appropriate internal teams in a timely manner
- Extend Beacon's internal codebase where appropriate in response to client priorities
- Contribute to Beacon's Training Strategy - through development of training material and also delivery of standard and bespoke client training
- Collaborate with Beacon's Sales and PreSales Engineering teams to foster and advance key prospective client relationships, including assistance with pre-sales meetings where appropriate
- Support Beacon's growth by improving Beacon’s ability to onboard new clients and to support more clients. This includes developing re-usable internal tools, improving documentation and resources available to clients.
Required Skills & Approach:
- 7+ years of professional experience in the financial industry, including client facing
- Trading and Risk management experience in an Investment Bank, Asset Management or Currencies and Commodities environment
- Strong numerate foundation and 5+ years experience in Python programming development
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure, functional dependencies and business requirements of financial institutions
- The ability to bring appropriate knowledge and creativity to clients’ challenges and specify concrete proposals to meet their goals
- Ability to identify blockers to project success and find ways to unblock them
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to articulate technical details to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- Good presentation skills
- Experience leading projects across teams and regions
- Must be based in New York and willing to visit clients’ offices as required, including some international travel.
Preferred Skills & Approach:
- Prior hands-on familiarity with SecDb at Goldman Sachs, Athena at JP Morgan or Quartz at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Familiarity with AWS, and other modern public cloud platforms
- Knowledge of project, change, and relationship management principles and practices
About Client Engineering:
Beacon is a client-focused firm in everything it does, and our Client Engineering team is at the forefront of delivering our product and great service to our clients. We aim to be a trusted partner for our clients, working collaboratively to solve their problems and create value by helping them get the best out of Beacon Platform. Focused on new client onboarding, implementation and training services, and working closely with our colleagues in Product Engineering and Project Management, we play a strategic role to help Beacon grow and channel client feedback to enhance our product.
About Beacon Platform:
Beacon was founded in 2014 by CEO Kirat Singh and COO Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. In addition to applications for front and middle office users, the Beacon Platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give its clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. A collaborative and innovative team, Beacon is now 80+ employees with offices in New York, London, and Tokyo.
Expected Salary Range: $190,000 - $210,000
What You’ll Love About Beacon
- Unlimited PTO - This isn’t your typical unlimited PTO plan. All employees take at least 20 days off a year. After that? Take the time off you need to strike the perfect work/life balance for you.
- 401k match
- Charitable donation match
- Access to Udemy - An online learning and teaching marketplace with over 185,000 courses. Learn programming, marketing, data science, or brush up on your public speaking and writing skills.
- Startup Culture - Our employees have a voice and can make a big impact across the organization. A lot of people in large companies don’t feel connected to what they’re doing and feel like they’re put in a box. Here you will have the freedom to be creative and innovative. We’re looking for smart and driven people to help get us to the next level.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify
Beacon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Beacon encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Beacon Platform participates in eVerify