Head of Sales
Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Sales to build and drive our revenue engine. This is an opportunity to shape how Banyan goes to market, structure a scalable process that can generate predictable growth, build out our sales team, and work closely with our founders to expand Banyan’s reach and impact.
In this growing multi-trillion dollar industry, your talents and drive will create huge value for our finance executive customers, the planet, and yourself.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve real-world problems. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. Start-up life is fast-paced and sometimes crazy (read: exciting). We strive to build a supportive team that values difference and is always willing to lend a hand.
This role reports to our COO and is a hybrid based in our San Francisco office (3 days in office/2 remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Set the sales strategy and establish quarterly and monthly targets to achieve annual plan and corporate goals
- Build, train, and lead our sales organization
- Establish a repeatable, scalable sales process, playbooks, and methodology
- Achieve individual quarterly and annual sales targets while coaching team members to achieve their targets
- Collaborate with cross functional leadership to develop GTM strategies, share market insights, and inform product
- Own the full sales process from identifying and qualifying prospects to building relationships with key stakeholders through negotiation and closing
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations, demos, and collateral that articulate Banyan’s value proposition and product
- Develop relationships with potential customers to understand their business needs and challenges
- Attend industry events to generate leads, connect with customers, and establish industry leadership
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience in B2B SaaS or Financial products for enterprise customers; proven closer adept at contract negotiation and deal execution
- Success scaling and leading high-performing sales organizations, developing multi-year strategies, and achieving sales/revenue targets
- Experience going from zero to one, taking new products to market and disrupting them
- Relationship skills and business acumen to quickly build trust with customers in senior and executive roles of funds and banks
- Strong networking skills to generate leads and open doors; existing network in the infrastructure finance space is a plus
- Compelling verbal and written communication and presentation skills to connect with and persuade both tactical and big picture thinkers
- Strong knowledge of financial service, Project Finance, and/or software systems
- A scrappy, roll up your sleeves, attitude to do what is needed while maintaining a big-picture view
- Ability to respond to changes in the business, problem solve, and drive through the ambiguity that come with working in a fast-paced startup
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify knowledge gaps, learn quickly, and adapt
- Enthusiasm for Banyan’s mission and alignment with our values
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Opportunity to lead broader strategic revenue strategy at a fast growing startup
- Close collaboration with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Opportunities to develop cutting edge industry expertise in fintech and climatetech -- learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and the technologies that drive the sector’s innovation
- A collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
Compensation: $300-$400k OTE
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?