Business Development / Account Executive
Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeking a go-getter to drive revenue growth as a Business Development / Account Executive. This is an opportunity to build and execute on a fast growing pipeline in the high impact climate tech sector. In this multi-trillion dollar industry, your talents and drive will create huge value for our finance executive customers, the planet, and yourself.
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems. We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. Start-up life is fast-paced and sometimes crazy (read: exciting). We strive to build a supportive team that values difference and is always willing to lend a hand.
This role will report to the Head of Sales and is hybrid based in our San Francisco office (3 days in office/2 remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Own the full sales cycle from identifying and qualifying prospects to building relationships with key stakeholders through negotiation and closing
- Prepare and deliver compelling sales presentations, demos, and collateral that articulate Banyan’s value proposition and product
- Develop relationships with potential customers to understand their business needs and challenges
- Achieve quarterly and annual volume and revenue targets
- Collaborate with internal teams to share insights and feedback; coordinate cross-functional support to deliver a great sales experience
- Attend professional development and industry events to generate leads, connect with customers, and expand knowledge of project finance
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in deal making, sales, or other fast-paced, target driven environment
- Strong networking skills to generate leads and open doors; existing network in the infrastructure finance space is a plus
- Experience in prospecting, qualifying, discovery, proposals, contact management, and negotiation across a deal
- Compelling verbal and written communication and presentations skills to connect with, influence, and persuade both tactical and big picture thinkers
- Relationship building skills and business acumen to quickly build rapport with customers in senior and executive roles of funds and banks
- Knowledge of financial services and/or software systems to understand customer needs, existing solutions, and Banyan’s value proposition
- Ability to respond to changes in the business, problem solve, and drive through uncertain situations and ambiguity that come with working in a fast-paced startup
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify knowledge gaps, learn quickly, and adapt
- Enthusiasm for Banyan’s mission and alignment with our values
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Exposure to and opportunity to work on broader strategic revenue strategy
- Work closely with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Opportunities to develop cutting edge industry expertise in fintech and climatetech -- learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and the technologies that drive the sector’s innovation
- A collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
Compensation $160,000 - $250,000 OTE
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?