Accounts Payable Accountant
Founded in 2018, Bakkt builds technology that connects commerce.
Our vision is to connect the digital economy by offering one ecosystem for cryptocurrency and digital assets, loyalty, and commerce. We enable our partners and clients to deliver new opportunities to their customers through SaaS and API solutions that unlock crypto and drive loyalty, powering engagement and performance.
Come build with us.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant who works well independently and as part of a team and can work under multiple deadlines while ensuring that work is completed on time and with a high level of accuracy. To be successful in this role, you must ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and employee expense reports while maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures. You must have the ability to identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve the problem or be comfortable seeking advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
- Routine accounts payable activities including communicating with vendors regarding invoices and payments and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Invoice and expense report processing including entry of payables with the appropriate support organized both electronically and as attachments in NetSuite.
- Ensure proper coding of complex intercompany transactions in a high volume, mulit-partner, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environment -- by GL account, legal entity, department and business unit to maintain the integrity of regulatory reporting and accuracy of internal department performance metrics.
- Work with procurement to onboard approved vendors and obtain information needed from vendors to establish their record and banking information in NetSuite.
- Review and analysis of aging reports and preparation of weekly payment batches in excel and presented on the weekly AP/AR call with the CFO.
- Coordinate with Treasury regarding proper funding of accounts prior to payment batch submission.
- Provide vendor spend reporting detail as requested by internal departments.
- Provide payables related support for our annual external audit, quarterly reviews and month end close
- Special projects as needed and as capacity increases as primary responsibilities are mastered.
- BS/BA in Accounting or AA coupled with relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience working directly with the accounts payable in a high volume, mulit-partner, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environment
- Solid interpersonal skills in an environment whose emphasis is on teamwork, high-quality service, collaboration and process innovation
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines, independently and in a team environment and accept responsibility for assigned duties
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key accounting principles and possess the ability to effectively apply fundamental accounting concepts to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Experience with SAP Concur
- NetSuite or other ERP experience
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.