Systems Engineer, Intern/Co-Op
Systems Engineer, Intern/Co-Op
Department: Process & Change Delivery
Location: Charlotte, NC; must be within commutable distance to the office
Co-Op: Spring - Summer 2024 or Summer - Fall 2024
Internship: Summer 2024 (June - August)
Hours: 40 hours per week | Monday - Friday
What you’ll do:
- Requirements Gathering: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and document business requirements, user needs, and service goals through interviews, surveys, and workshops.
- Process Mapping: Create clear and detailed process maps, flowcharts, and service blueprints to visualize current processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Data Analysis: Analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can inform service design and process optimization.
- Documentation: Prepare comprehensive documentation of requirements, findings, and recommendations in a clear and organized manner for stakeholders and project teams.
- Quality Assurance: Assist in testing and validation of solutions to ensure they meet specified requirements and quality standards.
- Service Design: Contribute to the design and enhancement of customer journeys and service experiences, focusing on improving customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, design, and business units, to implement service improvements and track progress.
- Communication: Present findings and recommendations effectively through reports, presentations, and meetings with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively participate in ongoing process improvement initiatives and stay up-to-date with industry best practices
What we are looking for:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Design, Information Systems, Systems Engineering Management, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline).
- Expected graduation between May 2024 - May 2025
- Relevant coursework in Systems Engineering: Introduction to Systems Engineering, Systems Analysis and Design, Systems Modeling and Simulation, System Integration and Testing, Systems Verification and Validation, Risk Management in Systems Engineering, and Systems Engineering Project Management
- Relevant coursework in Process Improvement: Systems Thinking and Complex Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Quality Management, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma, Process Modeling and Analysis, Continuous Improvement and Kaizen, Project Management, Statistical Analysis and Quality Control, Operations Management, Change Management, Business Process Reengineering, Operations Research
What you will get:
- Valuable hands-on experience in service design and systems analysis.
- Mentorship from experienced professionals in the field.
- Opportunity to contribute to real-world projects and make an impact on service quality.
- Exposure to a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Competitive compensation and potential for future career growth.
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people-centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal-opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Customer Service and Operations
- Job Function Business Process/Service Quality
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship