2024 AvidXchange Internship Xperience - Business & Operations
AvidXchange Summer Internship Xperience Program Overview
Throughout the program, interns develop and grow through a series of experiences such as:
- Building business acumen to understand who we are, what we do, and the history of AvidXchange
- Establishing relationships with mentors and intern alumni, meeting with senior leaders, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to complete a capstone project.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to the communities where live and work
- Workshops and learning experiences to learn more about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone belongs.
Internship Term/Duration and Location Preference
Our summer internship program spans 9 weeks, offering aspiring AvidXers an invaluable opportunity to gain hands-on work experience and actively contribute to our business objectives.
Start Date: June 4, 2024 End Date: August 1, 2024
For the duration of the internship, you must be prepared to relocate to a location within a commutable distance from our headquarters in Charlotte, NC. Additionally, you'll enjoy the flexibility of working from home, with three days per week spent in the office.
Business departments you can yourself in:
- Process & change delivery
- Customer success
- Payment operations
- Data analytics
Skills you'll bring to the table:
- Communication: Effectively transfers information and expresses ideas to individuals or groups in oral and written form with a focus on presenting, facilitating, and participating in business and team meetings
- Problem-Solving: Identifies problems, develops, and evaluates options, and implements solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Looks at existing processes and works with their supervisor to explore possible enhancements that could positively affect client experience and organizational excellence.
- Adaptability: Manages competing demands and adapts to frequent change, delays, and unexpected results. Leverages the proper tools, solutions, and methods for the situation, and does not take a one-size-fits-all all approach
- Expected graduation December 2024 - December 2025
- All majors and non-traditional pathways are welcome to apply:
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in respective field, or an equivalent degree program
- Continued education tech-centric certifications, Boot Camp certificate, or previous internship/apprenticeship
- Understanding of Microsoft tech stack and tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 4, 2024