Director of Account Management
Director of Account Management
The Director of Account Managementis responsible for leading a team of account managers in the development and execution of strategies to grow and retain AvidXchange's customer base. This individual will be responsible for managing key financial metrics of the nearly 9,000 companies that represent the customer base, including annual recurring revenue, retention, growth rate, adoption, gross margin, and more.
This role requires strong problem solving abilities, with expertise in negotiating large renewals while simultaneously building out scalable programs to manage the long-tail of AvidXchange’s customer base. This role also requires strong leadership skills, managing a high-performance culture and creating career pathways for growth. Finally, this role requires strong general management skills, with advising to the VP & GM, CRO, and other Revenue leaders on investments needed to successfully manage and grow AvidXchange’s existing customer base.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in account management and SaaS renewals, in both small and large customer sizes, as well as strong leadership and executive presence.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute strategies to grow and retain AvidXchange's customer baseLead a team of account managers in achieving monthly and quarterly sales goals, focused on annual recurring revenue growth, retention, adoption, and gross margin
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers, including serving as a senior sponsor from AvidXchange for our most strategic customers
- Identify and close new business opportunities within our existing customer base, through repeatable and scalable sales plays
- Manage the entire renewal process for existing customers, both at scale with a long-tail of small and medium customers, and at the top-end with large customers
- Identify opportunities to increase AvidXchange’s gross margin and profitability while maximizing value for the customer and the company
- Partner with Customer Care, Support, and Customer Success to drive cross-functional working teams to solve key customer escalations
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices across SaaS, FinTech, and AP Automation
What we're looking for
- Strong account management, renewals, enterprise sales, marketing, business acumen, and analytical skills.
- Highly skilled at building relationships with existing customers andc-suite level decision makers.
- Strong program management experience through managing a large volume of renewals at scale.
- Strong business acumen to identify key levers for growth within the existing customer base.
- Ability to identify areas of investment needed to maximize return on investment.
- Able to effectively manage time resulting in maximized productivity.
- Effectively able to lead and coordinate cross functional Quarterly Business Reviews in partnership with key stakeholders across the company.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present to a wide range of audiences, including an ability to communicate business and technical concepts clearly, effectively and convincingly through presentations.
- Expert ability to interpret critical business challenges and translate to optimal business process recommendations – multi-level and organizational opportunities.
- University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 + years prior relevant Sales experience; Master’s degree in business highly preferred
- Technically capable of using and demonstrating AvidXchange solutions.
- 7+ years of account management, enterprise sales, marketing, product/program management, with experience in SaaS, FinTech, and AP automation a plus.
- Highly effective in creating a compelling reason to buy through defined marketing messaging and the presentation of AvidXchange value propositions.
Must be able to travel domestically between 25% to 50% as needed
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing
- Job Function Sales & Account Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Management