Senior Data Architect
The Senior Data Architect will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the company's data architecture to support our data-driven initiatives. You will work closely with the software development team, platform operations, security architects, infrastructure architects, business leaders, and other stakeholders to understand requirements, identify data sources, and design optimal data structures for efficient data management and processing.
- Design and develop data architecture solutions that meet business requirements
- Collaborate with software development teams and subject matter experts to identify data sources and integration points
- Develop data models, data flows, and data integration strategies that align to the target business process and data quality outcomes
- Establish and enforce data architecture standards and guidelines
- Partner with data stakeholders on data dictionaries, metadata repositories, and data lineage
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools, and techniques to improve data management and processing efficiency
- Ensure data security, privacy, resiliency, and compliance through the data lifecycle
- Work with data professionals on technical teams to optimize data performance and availability
- Provide guidance and support to software development teams in the design and implementation of data-related features and functionality
- Articulate and persuade with a strong ability to conceive and portray the big picture related to data to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years in data architecture with expertise in public cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Strong knowledge of database technologies such SQL, NoSQL and related tools and frameworks
- Experience with data integration tools and technologies such as ETL, data pipelines, and data warehouses
- Proficient with data governance, data quality, and master data management principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Desired proficiency in data modeling techniques and tools such as ERwin, ER/Studio, or equivalent
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Software Architecture Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional
Something looks off?