Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
AvidXchange is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to meaningfully contribute and provide continuous feedback on site health, reliability, availability and the user experience of our products. This is a matrixed role where you will work closely with the product team while reporting to the practice manager. This role is expected to understand the product in depth, collect and analyze measurements, and provide feedback to the business, Software Engineering, and Product teams. You will work very closely with the key stakeholders to help drive changes to increase customer satisfaction, product availability, reliability, and the completion of strategic technical initiatives. In addition to monitoring and integration with the observability platform, a heavy focus will be placed on automation opportunities and automating operational processes to maintain high availability of the product.
What you'll do:
- Build systems and services designed with reliability and operability in mind.
- Develop a deep understanding of AvidXchange’s most critical systems to offer guidance to Product Teams on how best to balance innovation and reliability.
- Create tools and automated solutions to eliminate toil and reduce operational loads for Product Teams. Create frameworks, processes, and best practices to be used across Software Engineering.
- Build actionable SLIs and help teams adopt accountability for their services with insightful SLOs that drive reliability across the customer experience.
- Automate Engineering processes, eliminate needless toil, and enable autonomy for teams to minimize risk and maximize their speed to market.
- Lead capacity management and cloud cost optimization initiatives across our critical systems with the highest availability requirements.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience plus certifications
- Experience with deploying web apps to public cloud infrastructure(Azure(highly desired), AWS, etc.)
- Experience with technologies such as Application Insights, Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana with a focus on reliability and automation
- Experience with Infrastructure as code technologies (Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc) preferred
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle-market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone who works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We focus on creating a culture of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, and are proud to be a safe place where teammates can bring their whole selves to work. At AvidXchange, mindset is everything. We are Connected as People, Growth Minded, and Customer Obsessed. These three mindsets represent our culture – who we are, who we’ve always been, and they guide us to improve every day. Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 5 offices across the U.S., or remotely. AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
Who you are:
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial mindset – that means you are not afraid of taking risks, winning big or facing the unknown.
- Someone who understands that business is people centric. Connecting with others as humans first allows you to develop mutually beneficial working relationships.
- Focused on making a difference for our customers. AvidXchange exists to help solve complex problems for our customers so we can all realize our potential.
What you’ll get:
AvidXchange teammates (we call them AvidXers) get the perks and prestige of a publicly traded tech company paired with the flexibility of a founder-led startup. We help our AvidXers develop as professionals and as human beings, providing work/life balance, development programs, competitive benefits and equity options. At AvidXchange, we are building more than a tech company – we are building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals, and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you’ll tell for years, you’ve come to the right place.
- 18 days PTO*
- 11 Holidays (8 company recognized & 3 floating holidays)
- 16 hours per year of paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Competitive Healthcare
- High Deductible Heath Plan Option that has $0 monthly premium for teammate-only coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Dental Base Plan Coverage
- 100% AvidXchange paid Life Insurance
- 100% AvidXchange paid Long-Term Disability
- 100% AvidXchange paid Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Provides counseling services, legal and financial consultations and health advocacy for Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Onsite Health Clinic with Atrium Health** - available to Teammates and their eligible dependents
- Retirement 401k Match up to 4%
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks 100% paid by AvidXchange***
- Discounts on Pet, Home, and Auto insurance
- BrightDime Financial Wellness Tool, offered free to teammates
- WeeCare Childcare Service: helps teammates find affordable daycare, childcare, and tutors 40% less expensive than traditional daycare centers
- Perks at Work: free discount program that provides teammates the opportunity to save on items from electronics, movie tickets, car buying, vacations, and more
- Onsite gym fitness center, yoga studio, and basketball court****
- Tuition Reimbursement up to the federal maximum of $5,250*****
- Hybrid Workplace Flexibility
- Free parking
*Fully granted from beginning of year, pro-rated if hired mid-year
**Charlotte location only
***Must be full-time for at least 3 months
****Charlotte location only
*****Must be full-time for at least one year
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Software Product Usability Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional
Something looks off?