Legal Administrative Assistant
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Ava Labs is seeking a dedicated Administrative Assistant to support the legal team. This position will play a key role in building a world class legal department for one of the most dynamic technology companies on the planet, ensuring alignment and efficiency in the execution of critical tasks. This position includes working closely with the finance team to foster seamless communication and coordination between departments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide robust record-keeping and project management support to the legal and compliance teams
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of company minute books, corporate entity information, the patent application process and company's IP portfolio
- Manage the review process for communication materials
- Serve as the administrative link between the legal and finance/operations teams
- Assist with the provision of contracts, manage account onboarding, and assist with the continued improvement of finance-related workflows, especially with projects where responsibility overlaps between the legal and finance/operations departments
- Support in the day-to-day maintenance of the contract management platform, ensuring accurate contract processing and meticulous filings
- Support the team's compliance functions, such as Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures
- Routinely check and update internal legal and compliance protocols and procedures
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- 5+ years experience in an administrative role
- Experience managing workflow processes for a minimum of 10 people
- Preferred experience at a law firm, tech company, or in-house legal department
- Advanced experience Google Business Suite (GSuite)
- Extremely organized and detail oriented in and can prioritize effectively
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Proactive attitude to take ownership, anticipate needs, and independently seek ways to contribute to team efficiency
- Collaborative mindset to work seamlessly with teams across functions
- Able to work independently and can easily adapt to different tasks
- Work a hybrid schedule in the Brooklyn office 2 days a week
Salary Range: $81,800.00 to $97,250.00
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.