Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure - to join our Product Team and manage Ava Labs Infrastructure. Technical Product Manager for Ava Labs is a highly strategic role in one of the most explosive startups in Web 3.0. In this role, you get an opportunity to influence key internal and external partner teams to align with the business strategy. You will also be expected to periodically present to business and technical executives on a variety of topics, so executive visibility is granted. You will get to work with numerous software/hardware vendors, a diverse range of customers in Web 3.0/Crypto and learn about cutting edge use cases in Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Gaming etc.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own and execute the product roadmap for Ava Labs' infrastructure team
- Research user needs from several industries (DeFi, Gaming etc) and convert the needs to product features
- Clearly articulate value proposition of Avalanche Platform to end users
- Worth with internal and external stakeholders to define product specification, drive alignment and GTM plans
- Write and present comparison findings with strategic recommendations on way to differentiate
- Research new and emerging technologies for regular analysis with the engineering managers
- Establish proof of concepts for compelling emerging technologies
- Work with the line of business directors to communicate impact and innovations opportunities
- Do community outreach through the translation and use case application presentations to community members, podcasts, etc.
- Work with product marketing to help the team understand upcoming releases, translate technical concepts for broader community understanding, establish the brand and identity for platform technologies
- Drive technical documentation and align with the product support team to convey new functionality and ongoing maintenance releases
- Support the infrastructure teams in launching new releases, communicating with teams and establishing the release notes
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- 2+ years experience in product management or software development or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with cloud native technologies, ideally Kubernetes.
- Experience working with public cloud platforms (ex. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with open source tools and analytics (ex. Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Strong communication skills, must be great at articulating a value proposition
- Highly collaborative and able to bring multiple stakeholders to consensus
- Ability to make decisions under uncertainty
- Effective prioritizer
- Laser focused on execution
- Passion for crypto/web3 and to consume latest news and developments in the blockchain space
Base Salary Range: $114,400 - $143,200
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?