Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and develop auto-scalable and secure infrastructure solutions for our platforms
- Build and automate streamlined CI/CD pipelines, testing, code validation, code approval processes, release management, etc.
- Starting with currently supported operating systems, continue to push the releases to support a larger variety of system architectures and operating systems.
- Ensure best practices for quality coverage, setting measurable targets for engineering teams prior to build releases.
- Build out enterprise wide monitoring and alerting architecture
- Automate use of cloud technologies through IaC tools such as Terraform
- Work closely with the different protocol development teams to bring their software into the continuous integration pipeline.
- Provide strategic guidance on all activities related to infrastructure reliability, scalability and security
- Spearhead efforts to increase developer productivity, product quality, and software deployment support across multiple cloud platforms and consumer operating systems.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps, Infrastructure, Site Reliability or Cloud Engineer
- Proven track record of success in rapidly scaling startup environments
- Cloud networking and orchestration with AWS (EKS, ECS, VPC, S3, ELB)
- Significant experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Terragrunt, and/or Ansible
- Strong Kubernetes experience with Docker or RKT containerization
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions (preferred), Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures (Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience with scripting languages and the creation of scripts (Python and GoLang preferred)
- Working knowledge of decentralized architecture design patterns and distributed systems
Salary Range: $158,400.00 - $208,200.00 (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?