Dealer Configuration Specialist
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
AutoFi is the leading provider of digital commerce technology that powers the sales and finance experiences for the most innovative brands and dealers in automotive. The AutoFi platform enables a more transactional buying experience with $4B in funded loans processed through AutoFi annually. AutoFi’s dynamic selling platform empowers dealers to sell vehicles more efficiently and profitably, both online and in the showroom.
We are funded for years of future growth and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Santander Holdings USA, SVB Financial Group, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as commercial partners. We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information, visit www.autofi.com.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Dealer Implementations, the Implementations Configuration Specialist plays an integral role in ensuring our Dealer Partners’s Program configuration requirements are met appropriately for a successful launch. In this role, you will help to collect relevant information through Dealership personnel, their associates and vendors, while owning the application of related configurations and integration programming against achievable launch timelines.
Dealer Implementations is devoted to receiving and caring for net-new Dealer Partners as well as product upsells to existing Dealer Partners that originate through the Sales organization. They work with Dealers and their representatives to ensure that all aspects of their Program with AutoFi are appropriately configured for a successful launch, from basic configurations/feature enablement all the way through to complex integrations and related testing. They are subject matter experts with a deep understanding of how to use, speak to and configure AutoFi’s product suite to best meet our Dealer Partner’s requirements.
An ideal candidate will have strong communication, time management and organizational skills, allowing them to work effectively with highly technical and non-technical teams alike. They require a strong technical aptitude with the ability to identify functional requirements, work with APIs, JSON, XML, CSS and HTML in a cross-functional, fast paced environment.
- Participate in building a transparent, cohesive and collaborative team environment with a culture of open communication, sharing and feedback.
- Partner closely with Dealer Onboarding Specialists to identify the best course of action towards resolving Dealer Partner needs, escalating issues affecting the successful onboarding and configuration of Dealer Partner Programs as necessary to the appropriate stakeholders
- Provide Dealers with insight related to the effective integration and configuration of AutoFi’s Products and specific features, making recommendations and suggestions to enhance and optimize their Programs
- Provide technical consultation in relation to configuration and integration activities to Dealer Partners, their associates and vendors, as well as different departments throughout Operations, Sales and Account Management to identify the best course of action towards resolving Dealer Partner needs.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Dealer Partner’s technical points of contact and AutoFi to elicit requirements, and translate business needs into actionable functional/technical configuration and integration activities.
- Apply, manipulate and test complex configurations inclusive of CSS, HTML, JSON and XML.
- Work with APIs to send, receive and test information relevant to Program functionality and configuration requirements
- Respond promptly and professionally to internal and external inquiries related to configuration and integration activities both verbally and in writing, following up as needed towards a satisfactory outcome.
- Build and expand knowledge related to AutoFi’s suite of products and their use cases, operating as a SME for the configuration and integration of these products into the Dealership ecosystem, while building proficiency around Vendor integrations and programming requirements that impact AutoFi Program effectiveness.
- Develop documentation and reference materials in support of successful onboarding, integration and steady-state maintenance of Dealer Partners programs, including test plans.
- Identify common needs and challenges, and work with the team to establish repeatable best practices for handling, mitigating or transitioning these items as appropriate.
- Recommend new or revised procedures for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of day to day configuration and integrations procedures.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of reference and process documentation in relation to how to successfully engage in Dealer Implementation activities, inclusive of communication practices, configuration and integration requirements.
- Work cross-departmentally to assist in the development and enhancement of best practices and processes towards effectively supporting our Dealer Partners in a consistent, efficient fashion throughout their lifecycle.
- 3-5 years experience working with SaaS solutions, APIs, JSON and Website programming
- 2-3 years experience working in Account/Client Support or Implementations roles strongly preferred
- Proven experience working with API calls, as well as reading/writing JSON, XML, CSS and HTML required
- Familiarity with car dealership business models and related roles/responsibilities strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical team members at various levels, ranging from support to development
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, and ability to navigate challenging internal/external situations
- Detail oriented, with excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works well both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in visual modeling, including business and software flows considered an asset
- Familiarity with Jira, Salesforce, and Postman considered an asset
- Automotive industry experience is a big plus!
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.