Director of Product Design
We believe in a world where growth thrives across borders and cultures. That’s why our Founder and CEO Rick Hammell started Atlas, coining the term Employer of Record (EOR) simultaneously. As an EOR, Atlas employs people to work for companies anywhere in the world. Before we came along, the only businesses offering a similar solution were essentially brokers. They’d outsource your HR and payroll services to third-party providers in different countries. Today, we’re the only 100% Direct EOR in the world, partnering with clients to get to market 82% faster, at a reduced cost, and with lower risk through local expertise in over 160 countries.
Atlas technology powers the idea that companies can employ whoever they want, wherever they are in the world. Through our cloud-based platform, we deliver the Human Resources infrastructure that underpins international growth, leaving companies free to focus on the strategy that makes it happen. We partner with our clients through their international life cycle from the first dip in the global pool until the moment it’s time to set up their own entities and run payroll. Atlas is here from point A to point Z.
The future of work is borderless, and so are we. So, it helps that our people are located around the globe — in the US, UK, India, China and beyond — and speak 90+ languages. Diversity and inclusion are at our core.
Atlas invests in Environment, Social and Governance initiatives through our impact program. Impact is central to our vision as a business and at the heart of our culture. Through impact we are addressing our environmental impact for society, for the planet and for our long-term success. Employee wellness, diversity and charitable activities are at the core of our social responsibility. Impact ensures Corporate Governance operates ethically and responsibly while preserving our customers and employees’ trust.
The Director, Product Design, you will be supporting our Product & Technology team by leading strategy and planning over the UX activities as well as managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Strategizing and planning overarching UX activities and principles to ensure the team has a deep understanding of customers, continually identifies and validates assumptions, and tests solutions with customers in order to make informed decisions for the CX and maximize our internal time/dollar expenditure.
- Partner with other core team members to discuss the overall experience and define delivery.
- Help guide our design choices throughout every stage of development to provide players with the most seamless experience possible.
- Consider every aspect that affects UX in and around Atlas HXM such as: features, feedback, flow, accessibility, consistency, language localization and eliminating unwanted friction.
- Understand and identify internal and external stakeholder behaviours, goals, motivations, values, needs, frustrations, etc.
- Create communication strategies and validation processes + raise awareness of constraints to pave the way for production.
- Work closely with collaborative teams (Operations, Product, Development) to balance platform intentions with UX principles.
- Review user tests and gather feedback, assess problems and iterate to find solutions.
- Develop our UX best practices and promote them across the platform.
- Participate in recruitment to build your UX team and foster their long-term growth.
- Oversee design experience and implementation for optimized execution across the UX strategy.
- Advocate for the customer.
- Embed UX practices and thinking into the organization.
- Develop a UX playbook for the organization to embrace.
- Identify, assign, and direct UX team projects.
- Undergraduate degree in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other relevant education.
- 5+ years of design, UX, or product experience in the B2B SaaS industry (or related experience).
- Understanding of Kanban and Agile methodologies.
- Successfully implemented design guidelines and principals across an organization.
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to think holistically while building iteratively.
- Awareness of what we’re ultimately trying to achieve and what we’re in the process of creating.
- A knack for translating analytical findings into actionable insights to inform decision-making.
- A user-centric focus
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on end-users and creators.
- A passion for solving complex problems with design solutions and encouraging others to do the same.
- Mobile design is a strong asset.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a purpose — simplifying global expansion while supporting sustainable communities around the world
- A diverse and inclusive environment, with over 40 nationalities represented, 90+ languages spoken, and a workforce made up of 52% women
- Flexible PTO and birthdays off
- Growth and development opportunities with access to Coursera – a leading learning and certification provider
- The opportunity to challenge yourself in a high-performing organization and leave each day knowing you have made an impact.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
Atlas Technology Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Atlas is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Atlas are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Atlas will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Atlas encourages applicants of all ages.
This role may be subject to a background check after an employment offer has been made and final employment will be subjective to a positive result, in addition, reference may be requested at the final stage of the process.
Something looks off?