Underwriter / Senior Underwriter
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
- Manage and grow At-bay’s core broker base and GWP, making sure our brokers are getting world-class service at all times.
- Propose & negotiate price, coverage, and terms for insurance policies, and actively identify account rounding opportunities
- Solicit and analyze risk within At-bay’s guidelines and ensure proper documentation. service existing renewals and new business portfolio
- Collaborate with cyber analytics, product, marketing and other parts of At-bay to make sure brokers are getting the best At-bay has to offer
- Work with technology and data teams to create tools to enhance the underwriting process
Attributes and Qualifications
- Proven experience as underwriter or account executive in cyber liability, Tech, Media E&O, Miscellaneous E&O, other E&O lines or specialty commercial insurance
- You possess solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting, and insurance industry theories and practices
- Strong technology affinity, ability to work with advanced analytics software
- Technical background. Strong plus if you already know what DNS, IP addresses, ports, databases, WHOIS records, and other software/computer networking concepts are.
- You’re an amazing team player; you make everyone else on the team better and you don’t let your ego get in the way
- You are a driven person who gets a deep satisfaction from getting things done, and is not afraid to cross the t’s and dot the i’s
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic tech environment
- You have a clear, concise communication style
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, benefits and options package
- An amazing role and professional growth opportunity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $80,000-$150,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.
Something looks off?