Corporate Communications Associate - Media & PR Programs
Corporate Communications Associate - Media & PR programs
(Locations: New York City (preferred) or San Francisco) - Hyrbid
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and cybersecurity insights and services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be a cybersecurity company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. Named one of the Top Insurtech companies in 2022, to date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
At-Bay’s Marketing team is helping grow At-Bay’s business, sharing our vision with the world, building our brand, and communicating the value of our insurance and security products to the market. You’ll be surrounded by a team that loves what they do - marrying the art and science of marketing to deliver value for our customers and the company.
The Corporate Communications Associate will sit within At-Bay’s Corporate Communications Division and report into the Corporate Communications manager.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be a strategic growth partner to the At-Bay business and work alongside and in collaboration with all of its key marketing practice leaders and stakeholders to deliver PR programs and results that help support the business’ growth goals and priorities at the organizational level. This includes insurance product marketing, security marketing, broker marketing, corporate marketing, and content marketing (which supports risk).
Using your knowledge of the media and the different PR channels available to you to drive for impact, you will help to create a strategic PR plan to support the growth goals and priorities of each key business division within At-Bay. You will also be responsible for executing on these plans. This will include things like identifying and managing award submissions, building relationships with analysts in order to get into a report, pursuing speaking engagements at events, and working with stakeholders on bylines and thought leadership content for media placement.
This person will also have the unique opportunity to drive for impact at the corporate level and bring all of the disparate initiatives together into one master cross-functional communications plan and calendar.
How you’ll make an impact
- Success in this role will be someone who brings a strategic mindset to everything they do - from making decisions about PR priorities and evaluating the ROI of potential opportunities, to the way they set up and execute on projects with stakeholders.
- You love writing and coming up with creative stories for the media that drive strong results.
- You are a strong communicator and a reliable business partner who has a knack for building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and with the media.
- You set a high standard for how you manage each program/project, and the way you communicate with each stakeholder during the process.
- Juggling multiple priorities and deadlines is something that you excel at and enjoy.
- You are disciplined in the way you manage your day-to-day R&Rs and ongoing reporting/research tasks such as maintaining a master coverage tracker, speaking tracker, media & analyst briefing tracker and target lists, and more.
What this looks like in action within this role…
- By three months you will have met with all the marketing division leaders and key stakeholders and learned what it is they do and hope to achieve within the next year. At this time you will have started to come up with a list of what the tablestakes are that you need to deliver in order to successfully support the goals of the team - and what are nice to haves. By this time you will have also taken over full ownership of all the maintenance of our media lists and coverage tracking, and supporting with preparations for any media briefings, announcements or events we have coming up.
- By six months you will have already built out a master cross-functional news media and PR promotion calendar built out, which shows exactly how and where we plan to invest our resources in comms, and on what, and you will have also begun to execute on it.
What you’ve already accomplished
- Ideal work experience: 2-4+ years specializing in B2B communications.
- Ideally you will have spent either all or some of your time working agency-side as a PR specialist, but in-house experience is valuable too.
- Ideal industry experience: security, insurance, fintech or tech start-ups generally.
- Experience in cyber security required; experience in fintech or at a fast growing b2b venture startup also relevant
- Position/Location: Full time employee, headquartered out of NYC or SF (City proper or MountainView).
- Core competencies:
- Demonstrates sound understanding of the PR tactics and channels that a communications professional can use to deliver a positive outcome for the business.
- Has experience writing press materials such as a press release and media pitch, in addition to developing messaging for briefing sheets, award submissions and speaking abstracts. Also has experience developing press releases and targeting media lists, and handling media inquiries.
- Strong media relations skills - loves telling stories and pitching the media.
- Collaborative attitude: ability to bring people together
- Thrives under pressure and can handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Concise writer who is comfortable communicating with senior people internally and externally
- Familiarity with the following PR tools is a bonus, but not a must: Businesswire, Muck Rack, Factiva, Google Workspace, and Slack.
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent
Something looks off?