Vice President of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
As the Finance leader at Arturo, the VP of Finance will have responsibility for the FP&A and Accounting functions. You will be joining a talented team in a fast-paced, high-growth company that is re-defining property analytics for the modern insurance stack.
The VP of Finance ensures that (1) company objectives are aligned with the appropriate level of financial risk; (2) resources are allocated in a way that aligns all critical functions to work towards OKRs and KPIs; (3) operational teams are continuously held accountable for achieving their objectives; and (4) the company is able to anticipate and adapt to internal and external threats.
At Arturo, “Property is Personal.” Arturo is on a mission to empower people by providing clarity around the past, present and future of property. How do we do it? By gathering, synchronizing, and analyzing imagery and other data surrounding properties, we provide property insights that drive faster, smarter, and more confident decisions. We turn data into intelligence, giving insurers the ability to better predict the unpredictable and protect customers from the unimaginable.
Our team of technologists, data scientists and innovators are channeling the power of machine learning to put technology in service of people. Our goal is not just to optimize the way insurance carriers serve their customers, but to give those customers the confidence to look forward, be bold, and live their lives fearlessly, no matter what lies ahead. To help people protect their most personal assets and the lives they’ve worked so hard to build. Because nothing is more personal than property, insurance has to be too.
Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level. Arturo’s AI-based platform helps insurers securely underwrite risks, efficiently allocate resources, and lower claims cost across their book of business, allowing them to focus on what matters most: the customer, and our shared commitment to protecting our world.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits and a flexible time off policy.
Remote in Utah. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in Utah.
You can expect to travel an average of 5% of the time for company meetings, etc.
What You'll Do
- Lead the FP&A and Accounting functions
- Lead company-wide annual and multi-year financial planning and budgeting process
- Support the annual planning processes and ongoing rolling forecasts by setting company targets and tracking/reporting performance relative to plan
- Work with our business leaders to develop both short-term and long-term business plans
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages for presentation to executive management, investors, and the Board of Directors
- Assist the CEO in optimizing the capital structure and raising funds via debt/equity as needed
- Own and develop tracking, reporting, and continuous improvement of SaaS metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) working cross-functionally across the company
What You'll Bring
- Degree in Finance, Business, or related degree. MBA is strongly preferred
- 12+ years experience across accounting and FP&A, including 4+ years in a leadership position with demonstrated achievement in growing a high-performance finance team
- Knowledge of multiple financial modeling systems and techniques
- Ability to be highly organized with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to organize complex information with an attention to detail
- Willingness to be hands on
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections and piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and with external stakeholders in both the written and spoken word
- Complex problem solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking and effective decision making
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent and versatile and handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- InsurTech and Data experience preferred
- Experience leading Finance in a rapidly growing startup environment
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible.
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates.
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things.
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value.
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsurTech space.
- Fortune 500 customers will use the outputs of your models to power their business and make decisions.
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and Veteran status.
By applying for this position, your data will be processed as per the Arturo Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.