Application Developer - System Integration
If you love working on the latest technologies, working on a great team and having a flexible schedule, we have the job for you! We are looking for a talented Application Developer focused on Systems Integration to join our team.
You must be great at collaborating with others, can work independently and have good initiative, ownership, delivery focus and sense of urgency.
The Application Developer will plan and develop specialized applications software. This role will translate software requirements into workable programming code, maintaining and developing programs for use in the banking business. By understand the requirements, this role will then collaborate with the technical team to understand the specifications and develop high-quality applications.
This role will also write clean and efficient source codes. Checking the performance of the existing applications and modifying as per the requirements is also critical to this role. An application developer must have good communication skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving abilities. The ultimate aim is to develop good, functional, cutting-edge software applications for the growth of the company.
From day-to-day, you will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment utilizing Java based development frameworks.
- Work with the Lead and development team on architecture, technical design, release planning and deployment.
- Build scalable and reusable APIs.
- Collaborates with clients and/or internal teams to understand user needs; drafts initial proposal and design of software to meet these needs.
- Assess feasibility of design and project parameters within time and cost constraints.
- Analyzes business requirements and designs software for client use.
- Develops code and designs software applications based on client’s business requirements.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors or improve performance.
- Monitors and assists with software testing and validation procedures and programming.
- Monitors and assists with software application deployments; ensures application operates within established specifications.
- Gathers and evaluates client feedback and then modifies software applications for better usability.
- Designs databases for specific application areas.
- Determines required system performance standards based on client specifications, budget, security needs, and other parameters.
- Collaborates with business analysts, engineers, and programmers to design systems to support required applications.
- Advises clients on software maintenance.
- 8+ years hands-on development experience in Java / J2EE Stack.
- 5+ years developing RESTful, SOAP based Web services using J2EE, Spring framework or Spring Boot or Spring MVC.
- Strong understanding of API Design best practices, Enterprise Integration, Micro services architecture, and Design Patterns is a must.
- Experience with API Specification documentation using RAML / OAS or Swagger.
- Ability to work and deliver independently.
- Strong technical, architecture and communication skills.
- Experience with any Enterprise Application Integration tools or Mulesoft Anypoint platform or MuleSoft Developer certification a strong plus.
- Experience using Confluence, Jira and BitBucket with CI/CD Pipelines a strong plus
- Previous experience with Systems Integration for Banking and Financial Services Domain preferable.
- All employees must follow Archway Software’s employment practices and attendance policies, a copy of the handbook will be shared during onboarding.
- Typical office conditions or remote
The statements listed above are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
All positions qualify for vacation and holiday pay, sick leave, group medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K retirement savings, life and AD&D coverage, employee assistance program, and stock options.
Archway is in the business of enabling banks to digitally transform by providing innovative, modern, and secure platforms and applications for our clients and employees. We are a seasoned group of professionals that strive for an environment of growth, ownership, and flexibility. Our culture is one of self-motivated technology enthusiasts who are always seeking ways to provide innovative solutions, while having fun and working collaboratively along the way. We support a flexible hybrid work schedule (remote and in our office in the Redmond Town Center). We work hard but also respect work/life balance.
To succeed you will need to have a passion for technology and user experience along with a curiosity about new platforms and tools. You need to be able to work without a large amount of oversight, be a strong team contributor, and an excellent communicator.
Archway is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.