Visual Designer, Brand Design
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About the role:
We are seeking a full-time visual designer to join our Brand Design Team. You’ll be reporting to the Brand Design Lead and will be responsible for overall design output, holding the highest bar for quality, and working collaboratively with cross functional teams throughout the company with projects spanning across marketing, advertising, external and internal comms, visual product design, and more.
What you’ll be doing:
Collaborating with Product, Product Design, Marketing, and Engineering to continue to build and evolve the Aptos brand identity.
- Craft original visual designs and brand systems that are informed by strategy and research.
- Work with the Brand Lead to develop and design assets for branding, events, communications, web, marketing, social, and anything else that requires visual brand solutions.
- Work closely with the Product and Product Design teams to apply branding and create visual identities across all Aptos products (Aptos Foundation and Aptos Labs).
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years visual design experience
- Expertise in design software, including Figma, Illustrator, Lottie, etc.
- Highly conceptual thinking in visual and brand design, which shows in your portfolio
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of consistency, typography, color, brand systems, and attention to detail
- Experience in animation and motion design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
The base salary range for this full-time position is $94k-$144k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.