Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing Analytics team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data infra and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow, collection, and management of on-chain, off-chain, and cross-chain data. As one of the first data engineers, you will be in charge of the entire data warehouse, from ingestion to insight. You will work closely with Data Scientists to derive data-driven insights that drive our product vision forward and work with Data Platform engineers to structure raw data. We are looking for a bold thinker who has the ability to execute well; in return, you will receive a lot of autonomy and ownership over the projects you tackle.’
What you'll be doing:
- Define, build, and deliver data pipelining architecture. This includes ingesting data from different data sources and creating aggregate views.
- Work with stakeholders to assemble large, complex data sets for ready business consumption.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Ensure that Aptos Data Warehouse has high-quality, high-trust data the company can drive decisions from. Build a core data model that serves as the foundation of all of the use cases.
- Manage data scalability, partitioning, growth, and availability utilizing cloud data warehousing technologies like Bigquery.
- Assist analytics and data scientist team members in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- A degree in a technical field such as Finance, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar field
- Strong data wrangling and SQL skills. You have a track record of optimizing large pipelines to run very efficiently
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python)
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data through pipeline development tools like Airflow
- Be able to proactively manage prioritization of work and deliver work with great quality and influence the broader team in creating leverage
- Hands-on experience building dashboards with a data visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Data Studio, etc.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $160k - $260k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?