Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
AppZen is seeking a motivated, dynamic and result-oriented candidate to join our FP&A team as a Senior Financial Analyst. This role will be reporting directly to the Director of FP&A and be a key player in contributing to the next phase of growth and profitability for Appzen.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles supporting the leadership team in decision making in a fast pace, constantly changing environment. The candidate must be comfortable working with ambiguity and strive to set up scalable processes. High comprehension of excel and hands-on experience with large datasets is a must.
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting or similar
- 3-5 years of direct FP&A experience or equivalent in fast-paced, high growth environments
- Good understanding of GAAP and financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast pace environment, strong organizational and task management skills
- Prior software sector experience is preferred, SaaS startup experience is a strong plus
- Work with Sales Operations to manage and process Sales commissions on a monthly basis
- Support month end, quarter end close / forecast / reporting / variance analysis
- Partner with the People Team to ensure accuracy of company wide headcount and requisitions.
- Support all board related deliverables; including the preparation of the monthly financial update, board meeting materials, and quarterly investor updates
- Implement best practices and improve on existing reporting and processes
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.