Product Marketing Leader
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
AppZen is the leader in autonomous spend-to-pay software. Its patented artificial intelligence accurately and efficiently processes information from thousands of data sources so that organizations can better understand enterprise spend at scale to make smarter business decisions. It seamlessly integrates with existing accounts payable, expense, and card workflows to read, understand, and make real-time decisions based on your unique spend profile, leading to faster processing times and fewer instances of fraud or wasteful spend. Global enterprises, including one-third of the Fortune 500, use AppZen’s invoice, expense, and card transaction solutions to replace manual finance processes and accelerate the speed and agility of their businesses. To learn more, visit us at www.appzen.com.
Ten years ago AppZen created AI for Finance teams and we partnered with a legacy firm to share our product. Now, we’re getting back to speaking directly with our customers and we’re looking for a strategic and visionary product marketing leader to join the team.
As the Product Marketing Leader, you will be responsible for driving and reporting on the success of our product launches, strategically advising both our Product and Marketing teams, and molding our product differentiation. Reporting to our VP of Marketing, you will play a crucial role in creating excitement and buzz around legacy Finance AI, maintaining our competitive advantage, and striving to showcase the value that AppZen brings to its customers. Your deep expertise in B2B SaaS, passion for product launches, excitement about AI technologies, and exceptional management skills will be instrumental in achieving our business objectives.
This position is expected to commute into the San Jose office three days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Product Strategy and Positioning:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our products, target market, and competitive landscape to shape the product marketing strategy.
- Define and articulate compelling value propositions and messaging that resonates with our customers and differentiates our solutions in the market.
- Collaborate closely with the product management team to influence product roadmap decisions based on your research, market insights, and voice of the customer.
Go-to-Market Planning and Execution:
- Measure the success of product marketing campaigns.
- Lead the development and execution of quarterly go-to-market plans for new product launches, feature enhancements, and major releases.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with product management, sales, CS, marketing, and other teams to ensure successful product launches and adoption.
- Create more focus and energy around our competitive messaging and positioning frameworks.
Market Intelligence and Customer Insights:
- Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to inform product and marketing strategies.
- Conduct market research and customer interviews to gather insights and identify opportunities for product differentiation and growth.
- Analyze market data, customer feedback, and usage metrics to drive data-informed decisions and optimize product messaging.
- Must have experience in B2B SaaS product marketing, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong enthusiasm for product launches and demonstrated expertise in developing go-to-market strategies.
- Exceptional skills at leading by influence with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical mindset and data-driven decision-making abilities.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Competitive salary package and bonus or variable incentive pay depending on role
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) match
- $250 annual reimbursement for continuous learning
- Onsite gym access for HQ (San Jose) employees
- Lots of office perks like snacks, happy hours, company events
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
At AppZen, we embody a culture of consistent iteration, feedback, collaboration and endless curiosity. We’re always looking for new diverse perspectives about how we can contribute to the business. We lean into doing the hard things which has allowed us to become the established AI company we are today.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.