Senior Learning and Development Manager
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
As Canada’s leading InsurTech, APOLLO is making insurance effortless for individuals and small businesses across the country. Quote, bind, and issue policy documents in real-time.
APOLLO has been the recipient of multiple awards, including Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Professional Liability Award 2022, Top Insurance Employer 2022, Digital Innovator of the Year 2021, Top Insurance Employer 2021, ICTA’s 2021 Technology Award, and LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2021.
The insurance industry has to adapt to changing expectations from buyers and young employees. APOLLO is taking a whole new approach by combining technology, insurance capacity, and content marketing into one complete package of broker services.
For small business and personal lines, we help our brokers with automation solutions, social media engagement, and allowing end buyers to begin their journey with online research. For larger accounts, we help producers demonstrate their expertise and engage prospects over new mediums.
Our mission is to use technology as a conduit between brokers, carriers, and their mutual clients by delivering a people-first insurance experience through time-saving technology. Our broker marketplace is the first of its kind to offer multiple insurance companies on one integrated online platform.
Our team of empowered and driven individuals live APOLLO's core values of Candor, Integrity, Adventure, Desire, and Courage every day. Being a part of APOLLO offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves, and help build APOLLO as a leader on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5-trillion industry.
APOLLO is looking for a creative and innovative Senior Learning & Development Manager to join the Agency team! This role will be responsible for the training, curriculum building, and support of our Partnerships Sales, Account Management and Agency teams.
- Provide onboarding training for Industry and APOLLO product knowledge to Insurance Advisors, Account Managers and more
- Build revenue driving training roadmap that will fulfill learning needs for the Agency
- Increase APOLLO's productivity by teaching new skills and knowledge to employees
- Using seminars, lectures, and team exercises to update employees on company goals and procedures
- Focus on building content training for sales enablement, objection handling, product knowledge, customer experience, etc.
- Analyze the effectiveness of training and workshops to the employees and determine ways to continuously improve the training experience
- Collaborate with the APOLLO Leadership team to identify training needs and schedule appropriate training sessions for employees; develop adhoc product training in preparation of any new rollout
- Develop systems to monitor and ensure employees are performing their responsibilities according to the training
- Ensure the compliance of the company’s employees to cooperate with standards and procedures during training sessions
- Provide coaching & feedback to team members on their performance
- Establish sales competencies, determine outcome, set program duration and delivery models based on evolving business needs
- Develop content by documenting policies and procedures that will be ingested by our AI based telephony platform and accessed through the integrated knowledge management tool
- Ability to lead and manage adhoc projects that increases the effectiveness of the Agency (eg. analysis of chats and recommendations for automating FAQs
- Listen to agency calls, liaise with agency leaders and individual contributors to identify trends that can be used to understand performance and build content to address gaps
- Review our sales results by product and identify which products have a low close ratio, listen to these calls to identify whether we have a knowledge gap and fulfill accordingly
- Provide regular communication to the floor on sales tips. These can be developed by listening to what the top sales people are doing, packaging it in an easy to understand format and delivering it to the floor.
- Management of agency licensing and continuous education repository
Skills & Qualifications
- Solid insurance industry knowledge, FCIP designation considered an asset
- Minimum of 5+ yrs of experience spearheading training materials and facilitating Adult learners to drive business growth
- Project Management experience considered an asset
- Teamwork oriented with a passion for executing and achieving goals
- Strong communicator comfortable speaking with people in executive level positions
- Motivated, driven, with a self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude
- A courageous, adventurous, candid individual who has a high sense of integrity and a strong desire to win
- Familiarity with experiential learning, gamification and emerging trends in corporate learning & development
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Benefits and Perks
APOLLO is a progressive, digital-first employer. We empower our crew to perform at a high level with a wide variety of employee perks.
Digital-first and work-from-home flexibility
Professional development and licensing support
Monthly Social Club Events
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, with premiums covered by APOLLO!
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Monthly Wellness Program that offers $100 each month for well-being activities
Eligible for year end bonus based on company and individual performance
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Mostly remote anywhere in Canada
APOLLO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and embrace our diverse, inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to developing and maintaining a culture rooted in our core values, that is supportive and respectful of all backgrounds and perspectives.
APOLLO is committed to providing an accommodating recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
See more open positions at Apollo
Something looks off?