Account Executive, Partnerships (Personal Lines)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Gain Career Momentum with APOLLO
As Canada’s leading InsurTech, APOLLO is making insurance effortless for individuals and small businesses across the country. Quote, bind, and issue policy documents in real-time.
APOLLO has been the recipient of multiple awards, including Insurance Business Canada’s 5-Star Professional Liability Award 2022, Top Insurance Employer 2022, Digital Innovator of the Year 2021, Top Insurance Employer 2021, ICTA’s 2021 Technology Award, and LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2021.
The insurance industry has to adapt to changing expectations from buyers and young employees. APOLLO is taking a whole new approach by combining technology, insurance capacity, and content marketing into one complete package of broker services.
For small business and personal lines, we help our brokers with automation solutions, social media engagement, and allowing end buyers to begin their journey with online research. For larger accounts, we help producers demonstrate their expertise and engage prospects over new mediums.
Our mission is to use technology as a conduit between brokers, carriers, and their mutual clients by delivering a people-first insurance experience through time-saving technology. Our broker marketplace is the first of its kind to offer multiple insurance companies on one integrated online platform.
Our team of empowered and driven individuals live APOLLO's core values of Candor, Integrity, Adventure, Desire, and Courage every day. Being a part of APOLLO offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves, and help build APOLLO as a leader on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5-trillion industry.
About the Role
The Account Executive is a key member of the Retail Partnership team. They are responsible for the research and prospecting of potential partnerships aligned with our personal lines insurance portfolio, including: Renter’s Insurance, Student Tenant’s Insurance, Homeowner’s Insurance and Condo & Townhouse Insurance. This is a great opportunity for a sales-minded producer to make an impact with a fast-paced, high-growth environment!
Note: Occasional travel will be required for this role to meet with clients/partners
- Owning partnership execution and performance in your industry verticals with prospective partners, while exploring & evaluating opportunities for revenue growth within existing partners.
- Building, managing and tracking sales opportunities and activities in order to execute Partnership deals through a portfolio of clients aligned with APOLLO’s personal insurance products.
- Enable client success through effective communication, personalizing APOLLO’s value proposition as it relates to each prospective partner, and setting the stage for prospect follow-up.
- Creating lead flow from our partners through marketing initiatives including email campaigns, social media campaigns, and engaging with partners’ marketing departments.
- Provide the highest levels of personal leadership and accountability and be an essential partner in ensuring the Company meets its revenue targets and carrying a personal quota.
- Supporting and collaborating with the partnerships team in consistently meeting and exceeding targets to build a robust sales pipeline.
- Utilize CRM workflow (HubSpot) in your day-to-day along with Seamless AI, Linkedin Sales Navigator and other sales software.
- Other duties as required to support the collaborative nature of our team.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a sales/business development role.
- B2B Affinity/Programs Sales experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of tenants & property management industry.
- A passion for sales and working in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of G-Suite products & CRM software for partner performance tracking.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, including comfortability speaking with people in executive level positions.
- A creative, candid and tenacious contributor who has a high degree of integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
Bonus points if you...
- You have experience using Hubspot
- You possess an insurance broker license
- You have previous experience with a technology (Saas) and/or insurance company
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Benefits and Perks
APOLLO is a progressive, digital-first employer. We empower our crew to perform at a high level with a wide variety of employee perks.
Digital-first and work-from-home flexibility
Professional development and licensing support
Monthly Social Club Events
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, with premiums covered by APOLLO!
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)Monthly Wellness Program that offers $100 each month for well-being activities
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Mostly remote anywhere in Canada (Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver)
APOLLO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and embrace our diverse, inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We’re committed to developing and maintaining a culture rooted in our core values, that is supportive and respectful of all backgrounds and perspectives.
APOLLO is committed to providing an accommodating recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
See more open positions at Apollo
Something looks off?