Apex Fintech Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and Webull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a DevOps Engineer at Apex Silver, you will help to build the next-generation cost basis, wealth management, and tax platform that enables our institutional customers. A regular day would include designing, developing, and enhancing our platform. This is an opportunity to join a growing team with the environment of a startup and the expertise of an established organization.
What you will do all day:
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure proper operation of Silver’s platform
- Develop SRE internal standards, processes and tooling
- Automate tasks to drive consistency, reduce complexity and eliminate human involvement where necessary
- Ensure that systems are properly monitored
- Ensure systems are documented and can be easily maintained by all team members
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested and well documented
What you need to succeed:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years experience with major aspects of cloud computing, like storage, backups, compute resources, and scaling concerns
- Experience with software engineering best practices: testing, code reviews, design documentation, and debugging within python projects
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration management tools – Chef, Terraform, CDK and CDKTF
- Experience with automating alerts and monitoring of infrastructure and application & batch processes
- Experience working with Linux stacks - Java, Queue Technologies (RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ), & PostgreSQL
- Understanding of VPCs and general networking configurations that go along with cloud solutions
- An understanding of batch processing operations rather real-time or scheduled
- Ability to pick up new languages, framework, or tooling on the job to improve our stack
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Engineer operationally-efficient and performant solutions, increase system observability
#IT #associate #full-time #LI-MJ1
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.