Technical Program Manager
Apex Fintech Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and Webull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This is an incredible opportunity for a Technical Program Manager to play a crucial role in shaping the foundations and future of a rapidly growing Advisor Platform. In this role, you’ll help scale the organization by improving our engineering practices, building alignment with the many teams that use our Advisory platform, and taking ownership of cross-functional initiatives that are critical to the success of our Platform strategy. You will collaborate closely with the Head of Product, Group Engineering Managers, EMs, staff engineers, other TPMs across Apex, and the many Product Managers driving external initiatives that Platform supports.
- Serve as a liaison between the application teams and the product organization for strategic initiatives, feature development, and technical stories
- Conduct project planning, strategic alignment, and help build a continuous roadmap for product implementation & delivery
- Gather and analyze product requirements, then translate them into technical functional specifications for the development team
- Work closely with software development teams to define, improve internal tools and processes key to engineering success
- Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, and timelines of projects against targeted deadlines to application teams as well as other stakeholders and executive leadership
- Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal stakeholders and ensure that relevant audiences receive accurate updates on programs and project
- Manage the release of key engineering projects to internal customers in a regular cadence. Document and present team’s deliverables at town halls
- Facilitate project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project postmortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result
- Coach individuals and teams on project management best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or similar disciplines, or equivalent work experience
- 10 - 15 years of experience managing projects/teams through the software development life cycle
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Ability to work effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and other agile collaboration & work tracking tools (Wiki’s, JIRA, TFS, etc)
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of DevOps Practices & Tools
- Familiarity with distributed systems and experience working in a SaaS environment
- Work experience in a financial industry
#engineering #mid-senior #full-time #LI-MJ1
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.