Senior Software Engineer (Back-End)
Apex Fintech Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and Webull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior Software Engineer (Back-End) on the Apex Advisory Engineering team, a regular day could include designing a major software system with your peers, providing one-on-one mentorship to other developers, leading a collaborative coding session, or researching a new library, tool, or protocol. This is an opportunity to join a close-knit team of developers from a variety of backgrounds and all experience levels building the high-volume, high-availability order processing technologies that power popular investing apps.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, peer-review, and continuously tune high-performance, high-throughput software
- Learn from and apply design techniques and coding standards
- Build resilient, self-scaling, self-healing services that allow you to sleep through the night
- Support the production systems that you design - This includes building, deploying (CI/CD), and monitoring (DataDog, Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty)
- Write commercial grade, well-tested code, and maintain high code-quality standards across your team through code reviews and other best practices
- Work with and gain experience using cloud-based and other modern technologies and methods building upon a set of micro services that expose a rich set of investing-related capabilities
What you can expect:
- A highly collaborative environment where everyone is focused on outcomes that build momentum for Apex and delights our customers
- A culture that values a test-centric approach to software development where thorough test coverage is the expectation
- End-to-end ownership of what you deploy (from documentation to service-level objectives, your team is ultimately responsible for the health of your products)
- Contribute to and benefit from a culture of continuous learning
- Access to mentors, generous policies regarding attending industry conferences and book reimbursement, regular lunch-and-learns
- Bi-annual 3-day hackathons/tech-days
- An environment committed to using the right tool to get the job done
- Work that matters
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer or similar job roles
- 5+ years of Java experience (Java 11+ preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with REST API development
- Strong understanding of databases (both RDBMS and No-SQL), and mastery of SQL; experience with Postgres and Google BigQuery is a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies (languages, tools, frameworks) quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a strong plus
- Experience with Apigee is a strong plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker is a plus
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and coaching other engineers is a plus
- Financial services (capital markets, clearing or accounting systems) background is a plus
#engineering #mid-senior #full-time #LI-MJ1
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.