Tax Operations Analyst
Apex Fintech Solutions
WHO WE ARE
Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Apex Silver is a leading provider of business and technology solutions for the investment services industry. Our employees apply decades of securities industry and software development experience along with a passion for solving real-world problems. Our strategic partners provide complementary services, software, and market data to enhance our solutions. The Apex Silver team delivers cost-effective brokerage operations, cost basis reporting, tax reporting and wealth management solutions for our clients. We are seeking a Tax Operations Analyst to join our cost basis and tax reporting operations team.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of cost basis and tax reporting data
- Research and resolve investment account reconciliation breaks
- Research and resolve investment account processing exceptions
- Validate data on various tax forms to ensure accuracy (Forms 1099, 1042-S, 480.6, 5498, 2439)
- Reconcile withholding of foreign accounts to ensure proper reporting on form 1042-S
- Analyze and communicate processing results and trends
- Recommend and help implement process improvements and software usability enhancements
- College degree or relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Tax knowledge a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with personal computers and applicable software
- Knowledge of accounting and/or investments is a plus
#operations #associate #full-time #LI-MJ1
We offer a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP), competitive PTO, 401k match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a paid subscription to the Calm app and offer generous external learning and tuition reimbursement benefits. At AFS, we offer a hybrid work schedule for most roles that allows employees to have the flexibility of working from home and one of our primary offices.
AFS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, natural or protective hairstyle, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.