Member of Technical Staff, Protocols
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
At Anchorage Digital, we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage Digital offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote friendly, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in New York City, Sioux Falls, Porto, Lisbon, and Singapore. For our colleagues not located near our beautiful offices, we encourage and sponsor quarterly in-person collaboration days to work together and further deepen our Village.
As a vital part of our Protocols team at Anchorage Digital, you'll play a key role in advancing our support for new cryptoassets. Focusing on those that meet our rigorous security and quality standards, we are committed to a selective asset integration strategy that balances innovation with security.
In your role as a Member of Technical Staff, you will be tasked with the technical challenge of integrating emerging blockchains and sophisticated technologies into the core infrastructure of our ecosystem. This effort is critical in maintaining our edge as a secure and scalable platform.
You will be joining a team that is competent, ambitious, and eager to collaborate in a no-ego environment where everyone can have an impact. Your technological prowess, architectural insight, and leadership will directly influence every initiative you're a part of, shaping the trajectory of our projects and the future of our platform.
Overall, your efforts will be essential in crafting scalable, robust systems tailored to empower each of our business lines, ensuring they operate with unparalleled reliability. While we strive for excellence, we aim to strike a balance between the meticulous nature of our work—measuring twice and cutting once—and the dynamic pursuit of growth and learning. We believe in building a foundation that is as focused on steady improvement as it is on achieving current goals.
- Deeply research new cryptoassets and integrate them into Anchorage Digital’s platform.
- Implement participatory features that clients need such as staking, governance, vesting, etc.
- Develop abstractions that scale across all crypto-networks
- Support assets through upgrades and monitor for network-wide issues
- Contribute with and review code across the entire stack and engineering organization.
Complexity and Impact of Work:
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Help scale the team.
Communication and Influence:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
You may be a fit for this role, if you:
- Have real world experience building complex distributed systems. We mostly use Go, however languages can be learned. We really care about your engineering skills more than any specific language or framework.
- Enjoy building resilient services that can handle different volumes of work without manual intervention
- Genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- Prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
Compensation at Anchorage Digital:
- Compensation at Anchorage Digital is market-driven and data-informed. All full-time employees receive a market-leading salary, meaningful equity, and a generous perks and benefits package.
- Compensation Range: $144,670 -$205,400 - this salary range may be inclusive of multiple regional locations and job grades. This compensation range will be narrowed during the interview process based on skills, abilities, and experience required. ****We partner with third party firms annually to verify equity, cash, benefits, and perks benchmarks.
- Benefits: Anchorage Digital is proud to provide market-leading benefits and perks to our employees. We are only 1% of companies who offer 100% health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents. This means no monthly out-of-pocket premiums for you or your family. We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees globally.
- You can learn more about our culture and perks and benefits here.
About Anchorage Digital: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported, and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage Digital considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. “Anchorage Digital” refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, Anchorage Digital Bank National Association, an OCC-chartered national trust bank, or Anchorage Lending CA, LLC a finance lender licensed by the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, License No. 60DBO-11976, or Anchorage Digital Singapore Pte Ltd, a Singapore private limited company, all wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs, Inc., a Delaware corporation.