Senior Front End Engineer, Design Systems
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About The Position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer, Design Systems to join our Engineering team.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver the ecosystem of libraries, tools, tests and artifacts that comprise the Altruist design system.
- Work closely with product designers to create, document and build composable frontend elements in a number of environments (Figma, React, mobile native).
- Coordinate design system plans with key product team frontend members to ensure built elements are appropriate for wide adoption.
- Provide general support to engineering teams utilizing the design system. Gather feedback that informs future decisions with design system partners.
- Create and maintain design system tooling such as build scripting, CI/CD pipelines and test automation.
- Document and evangelize Altruist’s design system best practices such as semantic markup, responsiveness, accessibility and classification.
- Partner with external teams to create shared tools and library integrations.
- Create and perform code reviews & API proposals for your peers.
What You’ll Bring
- Mastery over semantic, responsive, cross-browser, accessible HTML/CSS including WAI ARIA specifications
- Understanding of advanced React concepts like context, controlled/uncontrolled behavior, hooks, and state management.
- Strong understanding of CSS core concepts and best practices for designing performant, maintainable and composable code.
- Comfortable working in the Browser ecosystem, including concepts like the DOM, render tree, and CSS parsing.
- Ability to devise straightforward API choices given complex and parallel use-cases.
- Proficient with Command Line apps such as Git and utilities such as cat, grep and awk.
- Track record collaborating directly with designers and non-tech partners.
- Have worked with visual design concepts like typography, color, spacing, shape, and form
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.