Staff Front End Engineer, Portfolio Reporting
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Staff Front End Engineer to join our Portfolio Reporting team. For this position, we're looking for engineers that have an interest in data visualization.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our product, design and engineering team to craft analytic and performance tooling for Financial Advisors and their clients
- Design clean and performant user interfaces ad tooling
- implement features focused on data visualization and insights with tools such as HighCharts, ChartJS and Canvas
- Write and optimize calculations to produce consistent and accurate performance reporting metrics and insights
What you’ll bring
- Excellent analytical skills, an aptitude for data visualizations, and a data-driven approach to engineering
- Experience building single page production applications in React/Redux and a strong understanding of core React concepts
- Prior experience or open to working with serverless framework and lambdas
- Test driven developer who writes well structured unit and integration tests
- Comfortable with service observability and monitoring tools (Prometheus/Grafana/Datadog)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.