Senior QA Engineer
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a SR QA Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a QA Engineer, you'll be responsible for designing automated tests to validate the functionality of web applications, analyzing the functionality of the application, reviewing requirements, as well as creating test plans and detailed test cases. you'll work with developers and product managers to understand requirements and use cases. You also have programming skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to wear multiple hats.
Please note: this is a hybrid role with on-site requirements of 2 - 3x per week in our Culver City office and we will not be considering remote candidates at this time.
What you’ll do
- Complete automation suite for regression testing and functional test suite
- Reduction of Bug leakage
- Partner with engineering and product management to ensure quality delivery of every feature being developed
- Mentor junior team members and be a role model
- Enhance the automation framework to enhance the scalability
- Identify and develop design patterns and practices within the quality assurance team
- Building Mock services/alternate testing techniques to increase test coverage
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience in building front and back end automation framework
- Ability to wear multiple hats to help us achieve our goals
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and test-driven development
- Understanding of databases, SQL, and application serve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with Java is a must
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.