Tax and Cost Basis Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for experienced tax and cost basis operations analyst to help position us for future growth and success. As an Analyst in Tax & Cost Basis Operations, you will be responsible for operational processing, correcting or updating cost basis while adhering to all applicable rules, regulations, and IRS guidelines.
What You’ll Do
- Periodic reconciliation of all transactions reportable on 1099-B, INT, DIV, MISC, OID, etc.
- Identify and remediate cost basis breaks related to corporate actions, reclassification of income, wash sales, transfers, and other issues that may arise
- Reconcile cost basis from CBRS, issue statements to non-CBRS participants, and process statements received
- Process requests for updated cost basis and/or tax forms submitted by financial advisors, ensuring updates requested meet current cost basis regulations
- Respond to escalated inquiries from the business
- Review legislative updates, identify improvements and suggests changes to processes and procedures
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years as a subject matter expert in all facets of cost basis and consolidated 1099 reporting
- Experience reconciling client tax and cost basis records
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize workload to meet daily deadlines
- Proficient in using Microsoft excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines for the firm
- Ability to provide support for new and existing tax/cost basis services and products
Nice to Have
- Experience with vendors like Maxit/Scivantage, Wall Street Concepts, and FIS
- FINRA licenses (Series 7, 99)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.