Financial Crime Specialist
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX facility with the option to work from home a few days a week.
As Altruist enters an expansion phase for our revolutionary product offering, we’re seeking an experienced Financial Crime Specialist to join our Compliance Team.
What you’ll do
- Be an integral part of a larger compliance team responsible for regulatory compliance of our FINRA-member broker-dealer and SEC-registered investment adviser
- Monitor daily trade surveillance and transaction alerts using exception reports and other tools
- Investigate red flags or potentially suspicious activity that arises from trade surveillance and assist in the Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) process
- Continually adjust and refine transaction monitoring rules and alerts
- Investigate potentially suspicious activity that may arise from risk alerts, regulatory investigations, and matters otherwise escalated to the AML team by other Firm Departments
- Conduct FinCen 314(a) reviews
- Participate in responding to AML/Fraud related inquiries from colleagues in different departments
- Participate in the regular, annual, and ad-hoc testing and monitoring of AML policies and procedures of Altruist’s multiple regulated entities, including its broker-dealer and registered investment adviser
- Contribute to examinations with regulatory agencies as requested
- Assist in various other compliance needs and tasks as necessary
- Conduct other related tasks to support compliance surveillance, monitoring and testing
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in trade surveillance and anti-money laundering compliance for a FINRA-member broker-dealer and/or registered investment adviser
- Strong knowledge of AML/BSA requirements, regulatory expectations, and industry leading practices
- AML/Fraud background and experience conducting a diverse range of investigations
- An understanding of FINRA and SEC rules and regulations
- High degree of initiative and personal responsibility to anticipate issues, find solutions, and drive resolution
- Attention to detail with ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 7, 66 or 63
Nice to have
- Accreditation from recognized industry body such as ACAMS or CFE
- Knowledge of Trillium Surveyor system
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?