Corporate Actions and Dividends Analyst
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Please note: This is an onsite position based out of our Dallas, TX or Red Bank, NJ facilities with the option to work from home a few days a week.
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Corporate Actions and Dividends Analyst to join our Corporate Actions and Dividends team!
What you’ll do
- Review and update corporate action notifications for mandatory, voluntary, and choice dividend events.
- Balance daily dividend/reorg settlements with DTCC and Prepare daily reconciliation
- Complete the corporate action process from initial notification to account reconciliation.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing voluntary and choice dividend elections and mandatory inquiries.
- Review and confirm corporate action details with depository and offering agents.
- Review Dividend Reinvestment elections.
- Collaborate with senior operational personnel on processes and procedures, identify enhancement and efficiency opportunities
- Engage counterparties and work with Settlement department with open balance orders, or regarding CIL or open borrow / loan contracts to aid the Securities Lending Desk
What you’ll bring
- 2 + years of Domestic Voluntary and Mandatory Corporate Actions experience
- In-depth knowledge of DTCC platform (CA Web/Settlements/SmartTrack)
- Knowledge of FIS/Phase III and XSP systems a plus
- Proven capability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude during times of heavy volume and/or change
- Strong analytical, research, data entry, and prioritization skills
- Ability to understand and mitigate risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Series 7 and 99 FINRA Licenses Preferred, or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Something looks off?