Staff Technical Program Manager
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including equity research, company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and clients’ own research content.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, Germany, India, and Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. We own and manage the data stack, consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, BigQuery and Looker. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans BI dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers.
About the Role:
This technical program manager role will join a growing Data & Analytics organization to support high-impact, high-visibility initiatives addressing the most pressing needs in the business. The role will lead special projects/programs ensuring the successful delivery of superior data products, analytics tools, and data science capabilities which drive the growth and success of AlphaSense and its subsidiaries as we accelerate through a planned IPO event. This role will be expected to operate with significant autonomy and discretion, influencing other teams across the company.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience as a program, project and/or product manager or equivalent
- Track record of successfully leading complex, cross-functional, and high-priority technical projects, with a defined, communicated and aligned 3-5 year vision / roadmap
- Excellent feature backlog management, including partnering with engineers to write clear specs
- History of successful collaboration, ideation, design, iteration, development, testing, and deployment of technical solutions to solve real-world problems
- Passionate advocate for and practitioner of making data-driven decisions with a bias for impact
- Constant learner, one who embraces and exemplifies a Growth Mindset
- Previous experience in a data, analytics, or business intelligence domain (data ingestion, pipelines, modeling, data lakes, data warehouses, visualization tools, AI/ML capabilities, etc.)
- Training and/or Certifications in SAFe, Agile and change management
- Experience in integrating data and reporting stacks during mergers and acquisitions is a plus
- Experience with a combination of querying languages (e.g. SQL), programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, etc.), and analytics tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
What You’ll Do:
- Identify Top Customer Problems & Define Vision and Roadmap
- Lead projects and project teams in critical company initiatives in the data and analytics domain, including setting quarterly / annual OKRs and mechanisms to track feature success metrics
- Hold technical team accountable for delivering against OKRs
- Execute product planning, development, goal setting and operations
- Owns definition, communicating and project managing of requirements to support product features
- Facilitate alignment, strong collaboration, and communication across various functional areas to ensure the success of projects and realization of program objectives
- Manage risks and dependencies while orchestrating resources to ensure program/project success
- Influence data stack design and capabilities through deep understanding of the business, stakeholder empathy, requirements analysis, development cycles, and implementation
- Instrument Feedback Loops, Iterative Process Improvement, Fostering Team Building
- Contribute to the learning and growth of a diverse team of engineers, analysts, data scientists, product managers, product owners, and more who are building out the data-as-a-platform, analytics-as-a-product and analytics-as-a-service vision supporting AlphaSense stakeholders and customers
- Ensures mechanisms for post-launch learning are in place and incorporated into future product launches
- Fosters feeling that all stakeholders are part of building the product by addressing their concerns and feedback
- Continuously coaches and raises the performance bar for themselves and their team.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.