Assistant Accounting Manager, Revenue
Location: New York, New York (or Remote, US)
Reports to: Accounting Manager
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by enabling strategic, financial, and operational decision making across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; forecasting; creating, tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager in California, the position will be responsible for ensuring accurate revenue recognition and various related accounting tasks. You will work as part of a growing team at a well-funded growth-stage tech company and there will be significant opportunities for rapid career advancement.
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years of relevant accounting experience, including revenue recognition per ASC 606 and contract expenses per ASC 340 for a Saas company.
- Strong sense of ownership (own the end-to-end process)
- A self starter who can operate independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent in English
- Experience in using accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus, but not required)
What You’ll Do:
- Review agreements and orders to ensure revenue is recognized per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Identify non-standard contract terms and revenue treatment for such terms. Suggest alternatives when appropriate.
- Prepare and review compliance checklists for orders
- Work closely with the order processing and billing teams to ensure contract details are accurately captured for revenue recognition, sales compensation and KPI reporting.
- Be an expert in AlphaSense Order-to-Cash workflow and data. Liaise with upstream and downstream teams to ensure the process and data are effective and accurate.
- Identify critical issues that must be raised to a higher level for decision making
- Prepare month end journal entries and support the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate monthly reconciliation for accounts related to revenue, accounts receivable, sales commissions and sales tax payable.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation opportunities to drive positive change across the organization
- Assist with audit requests
- Responsibilities to change as company grows
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $125,000 - $135,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.