QA Engineer (Data & Analytics)
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 4,000+ clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com
Check out what we’ve built so far:
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics team works across AlphaSense to make data an asset for growth. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analyses, and deep partnership with the business.
We currently manage a data stack consisting of Segment, Fivetran, Stitch, Dataform, dbt, Google Cloud BigQuery and Tableau, and are in the process of migrating to a world class platform consisting of a connected data platform and a modern reporting layer. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth.
Our work spans BI dashboards for business and exec. users, ML models for retention forecasting, and data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, and high-output data pro to join our team.
About the Role:
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated QA Engineer to join the Data & Analytics team. As a data focused QA Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of our organization's data assets. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement data quality processes, conduct data validation, and develop automated testing frameworks. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, possesses strong analytical skills, and has a passion for maintaining high data integrity standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement data quality frameworks, processes, and methodologies to ensure accurate and reliable data across the organization.
- Develop and execute data validation and quality assurance procedures, including data profiling, data completeness and consistency, data accuracy, continuous monitoring, etc.
- Collaborate with data owners, stakeholders, engineers, and analysts to understand data requirements and define data quality standards.
- Conduct data audits and analyses to identify data quality issues, anomalies, and inconsistencies.
- Implement automated data quality checks and monitoring/alerting solutions to proactively identify and address data issues.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate data quality controls into data pipelines and ETL/ELT processes.
- Provide recommendations and solutions for data quality improvements and best practices.
- Document data quality processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, and techniques related to data quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience as a Data QA Engineer, Data Quality Engineer, or similar role
- Strong understanding of data quality and QA concepts, methodologies, and best practices
- 3-5 years of experience in Database/Data Warehouse/ETL Testing
- 3-5 years of Strong experience in advanced SQL scripting
- 3+ years of practical experience in Python programming languages, demonstrating proficiency with libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, PyTest, or similar
- 3+ years of experience of Data Lake/Data Warehouse platform implementation
- Familiarity with data quality tools and frameworks such as Collibra, Monte Carlo
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Snowflake)
- Knowledge of data privacy and security regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA)
- Knowledge of data contracts
- Knowledge of data governance principles and practices
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s
commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.