Director of Analytics
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Corporate Services, Technology, & Security (CSTS) organization works across AlphaSense to enable every employee with secure data, insights, and technology to leverage as assets to support our hyper growth on the way to IPO. We do that through infrastructure, process, well-modeled and documented data, analysis, and deep partnership with the business. In addition to technical leadership, we partner across departments to raise the analytics bar, drive operational improvement, and support growth. Our work spans traditional business intelligence dashboards for business and executive users, ML models for critical business challenges, data & infrastructure to support our AI engineers, traditional corporate IT, and cyber security domains.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate Director of Analytics to lead the vision, strategy, and execution of delivering a world-class insights platform in Tableau, augmented and supercharged with incredible AI/ML capabilities, for our internal business users.
You will join our CSTS organization’s Leadership Team and will be primarily accountable for building out Core Reporting Catalog supporting our stakeholders across Product, Sales, Content, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Sales, and more. You’ll partner closely with our Data Engineering & Architecture team as they build our modern Connected Data Platform and Data Catalog upon which our analytics and data science solutions are built. Additionally, you will lead initiatives to empower and educate our users with Self-Serve analytics to realize our goals to build a robust data-driven culture at AlphaSense. As the Director of Analytics, you’ll lead and directly manage a team of Analysts and Data Scientists while partnering with other teams across the organization and broader business.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in the business analytics, business intelligence, or data warehousing roles
- 4+ years of previous management experience
- A track record of successfully delivering analytics solutions which enable business insights and data-driven capabilities
- Strong knowledge of data analysis methods, tools, and best practices
- Proven leadership ability and a bias for thinking and operating enterprise-wide to achieve meaningful business results
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation/visualization - and ability to influence across technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong history of successfully collaborating with others to deliver cross-functional projects
- BS or MS degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, or a related technical field
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit, coach, mentor, and develop your team of analysts, data scientists, and others in an Agile team environment to enable and grow a high-performing team
- Lead the design, build, and scaling of our front-end data and analysis infrastructure and experiences (Core Reporting Catalog) in Tableau
- Deliver robust Self-Service capabilities and act as a champion for realizing a data-driven culture across the company
- Translate core business intelligence, analytics, and data science business requirements into usable, scalable data models and systems
- Partner broadly across the business in order to ensure a cohesive insights platform which enables the whole enterprise’s data and analytics needs across Product, Marketing, Sales, Ops, Customer Success, Finance, and more.
- Shape the future of our business intelligence capabilities, leveraging best practices and improving what we do and how we do it
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.