Senior/Staff Search Engineer - Enterprise / Cloud-Agnostic
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
AlphaSense Market Intelligence Search Enterprise product is built for the largest enterprises and designed to be self-managed by our customers to provide flexibility to meet their unique needs through infrastructure choices across multiple clouds. It is made to meet our customers' expectations of quality and security and has built-in enterprise-grade features to fulfill complex demands at a large scale.
As a Senior/Staff Search Engineer, you will work with the powerful search engine powering the AlphaSense product, bundle and transform it into a Kubernetes-native package that can be deployed and run anywhere in the clusters of our customers. In this role, you will build a powerful search engine package with high performance, reliability, and scalability in any customer’s environment. You will have access to the latest technology in search and AI while working with the top talent in the cloud, machine learning, and software engineering.
- Collaborate with the Search Core team to migrate and maintain the AlphaSense search engine based on Apache Solr to our Market Intelligence Search Platform
- Lead efforts to migrate search applications to a cloud-agnostic architecture
- Develop and maintain automation tools for testing, deployment, and monitoring of search services in customers’ Kubernetes clusters
- Collaborate with product managers to ensure that the solutions meet customer requirements
- Work with other AlphaSense cross-functional teams to improve their software design to empower enterprise self-managed solution maturity demands
- Proven track record of 4+ years working in search, particularly in search technologies we use, like Apache Solr and Lucene
- Strong understanding of search architecture and experience in designing large-scale search systems
- Demonstrable experience in operating large search engines with a deep understanding of sharding and replication, failover, fault tolerance, and high availability techniques
- 4+ years of experience in Java and related languages
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and container technologies like Docker
- Experience with cloud APIs of cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with customer-managed solutions with a clear understanding of the complexity of shipping such products
- Close Experience with CI/CD & GitOps
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
For more information, please contact Kavita Nair on LinkedIn or by mobile at +91 8261940966 or by email: email@example.com
Something looks off?