Workplace & Community Specialist
Reports to: Manager, People Experience
Location: Union Square, New York
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The Global People Team is made up of seasoned professionals with a diverse range of expertise – spanning talent acquisition, business partnering, regional operations, and a growing core of functional experts in culture, leadership, talent, learning, organizational development, compensation, benefits, systems, and analytics. Building on the recent global launch of Workday, we are supporting the company’s continued hyper-growth focused on two core corporate objectives – building the operational excellence and scalable infrastructure to deliver our strategy while supporting profitable growth; and evolving our culture so it is optimized for delivering our strategy and supporting our growth and scale while attracting and retaining top talent.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Workplace & Community Specialist, to join our team at AlphaSense, based in New York City. You’ll be the primary point of contact for our Union Square Community and act as the “face” of our office. You will play a key role throughout the employee lifecycle, from onboarding to assisting in planning engaging events and building a warm and welcoming culture in our New York office. This role provides administrative and operational support for our Global Workplace, Community and Experience Team so we can deliver a best-in-class experience for our employees. This role is entirely in-office and does not include the option for remote or hybrid work.
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in administrative support, customer experience, or community-building positions (preferably in a high-growth tech company)
- Precise attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities while wearing many hats
- Proficient in Google Suite (Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Slides), and MS Office (excel, word)
- Strong sense of integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work-ethic, and compassion
- Approachable and accommodating to others, with the ability to push back where necessary
- Able to think proactively and find solutions as issues arise
- Operate with a strong customer service attitude towards employees and managers
- Desire to learn and grow within the workplace, community & experience function
- Must be able to lift 25+ pound boxes or items on a regular basis
What You’ll Do:
- Greet and assist all employees and guests by providing day-to-day office support, maintaining at all times the highest levels of helpfulness and friendliness
- Assist employees and guests in finding their way around the office
- Accept deliveries and mail, organize them to be distributed to the correct recipients using the office mailing system and ensure they get to the recipient in a timely manner while also managing outgoing mail and packages for pickup
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties
- Oversee inventory, stocking and ordering of office supplies and snacks
- Assist in setting up and breaking down after programming and events, which may very occasionally be outside of 9AM-6PM working hours
- Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean and free of clutter, and coordinate with janitorial staff to ensure office cleanliness
- Coordinate catering and vendor deliveries for office lunch and events
- On-site contact for building management and vendors, coordinate office repairs and maintenance, ensuring the office is kept in good condition and conducive to employee productivity
- Provide support during in-office and virtual events
- Reset communal seating areas and conference rooms after meetings (clean dry-erase boards, stock conference room supplies)
- Coordinate and manage desk seating, hoteling and office moves
- Oversee visitor registration
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $71,000 - $79,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Something looks off?