Product Manager - Financial Data & Analysis
Product Manager – Financial Data & Analysis
Location: New York (US), London (UK) (other locations considered)
Reports to: Director of Product, FinData
AlphaSense is a search engine for market intelligence that transforms how decisions are made by the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions. Leveraging AI and NLP technology, AlphaSense enables knowledge professionals to extract insights in seconds from thousands of disparate data sources, including company filings, event transcripts, news and trade journals, and equity research. Founded in 2011 and backed by investors including Innovation Endeavors and Soros Fund Management, AlphaSense is on a mission to empower organizations to make data-driven decisions with confidence.
About the Team:
The Content organization is responsible for identifying, creating/collecting, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third party content providers. The team reports to the Chief Content Officer and has strategy, product management content collection operations and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing rapid growth across all content sets. We value and uphold transparency, trust, and accountability in our relationships within the team and with external partners and internal stakeholders.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Product Manager with extensive experience building financial models and analyzing companies, as well as a passion for data crunching. The candidate should have deep knowledge in investment research and at least one material experience in buy-side or sell-side research, investor relations or Corporate Development.
The role includes -- but is not limited to -- the following responsibilities
- Identify the Need: Understand the market and use cases of various user personas. Collaborate with Sales and Clients/Users to solicit feedback for additional content/functionality/enhancement needs.
- Define the roadmap: Create and manage a project roadmap by working with the UX/UI Design and development teams to understand and optimize the user experience of the Content and plan and optimize costs, benefits, and timelines for all aspects of implementation.
- Own a product life-cycle: Take ownership of key projects to integrate or create datasets and their related features for the end-users, from definition to diligence to testing, delivery, feedback and on-going enhancements.
- Manage the project delivery: Create specifications and communicate detailed requirements and user stories to the engineering teams, then constantly collaborate to ensure on-time delivery.
- Launch the Product/Content: Contribute to the successful launch of new features into the market, including the creation of internal and external comms/announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, training material, client engagement.
- Industry and Competitive Intelligence: Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision. Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback.
Who You Are:
- Previous experience in Equity or Credit Research
- A genuine excitement and passion for the stock market, financial analysis, financial modeling, company valuations
- A natural enthusiasm to help others. Demonstrable empathic communication, with the ability to listen and identify problems in need for solutions
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to influence and align with multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Experience driving project outcomes with diverse business and teams across multiple locations.
- An eye for great design and empathy driven approach to research and customer input gathering.
- 3-5 years of work experience as an Analyst in Equity or Credit Research on the buy side or the sell side.
- Familiarity with the logic and concepts of Databases (eg: SQL); Experience using them is strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with various market data and investment research products and tools (eg.: Financial databases, Consensus Estimates, Excel plugin)
- BSc, MSc or MBA degree in Market Finance, Computer Science or EE
- Product Management experience is strongly preferred.
- CFA strongly desirable but not required
- Other Fintech or SaaS startups experience
- Experience using iterative / agile development methodologies.
- Ability to lead a dedicated development team of engineers, QA, scrum master
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Strong analytical skills, tech savvy and outstanding attention to detail.
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused and meet or beat deadlines.
Base Compensation Range*: $165,000 - $185,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works
Something looks off?