Director, Financial Reporting
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Director of Finance
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About the Team:
The AlphaSense Finance team is responsible for efficiently driving the creation of enterprise value by supporting capital allocation decisions across the business. We exist to help the company make intelligent, data-driven decisions through financial analysis; scenario modeling; tracking, interpreting and disseminating key performance indicators; and by serving as a critical thought partner to senior leadership.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, analytical, high-potential professional to lead our technical financial reporting function and to help ensure timely and accurate reporting in the company’s growth stage. You will report to the Director of Finance and will work closely with accounting managers as we build a world class financial reporting function.
Who You Are:
- A Subject Matter Expert: You have exceptional knowledge of accounting and tax principles, practices, US GAAP, and compliance. You have experience working in a public company or preparing a company for IPO readiness. Experience with PCAOB reporting is a requirement..
- Perfectionist and Curious Mentality: Data driven and detail oriented professional with a strong desire for precision in your work. You show curiosity and desire to figure out the correct way of doing things rather than a “this is how we always do it” mentality.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in fast-paced environments and proven ability to deal with new issues arising as the company grows.
- Collaborative: You possess a strong desire to collaborate with others and work cross-functionally
- A leader: You are an experienced people manager, and enjoy coaching and developing your team
What You’ll Do:
- Own GAAP compliance: Ensure all aspects of the company’s financial statements are compliant with applicable US GAAP standards
- Manage and develop our team of financial reporting analysts
- Drive the company’s internal controls to the level required of a public company
- Oversee the coordination, completion, and ensure compliance with technical accounting position memos
- Research technical accounting positions when required
- Work alongside Accounting Managers to create systems and processes that are set to scale
- Assist external auditors by facilitating their audit procedures
- Ad hoc accounting tasks and assistance with monthly close
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $155,000 - $172,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.