Account Executive, Financial Services
AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, expert calls, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
About The Role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, driven and accomplished new business sales professional to join our growing US team, focused on selling to the Financial Services market. This is an opportunity to join a high growth company, sell an award winning product that is rapidly getting adopted across the market internationally, and this person will be able to make a significant contribution in the company’s growth and future success.
Who You Are:
- Experience selling to financial market place (buy side and sell side), preferably in a SaaS technology, financial information and/or research organization
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets; we are building a team of top sales performers and a great winning culture, so looking for people who share the same experience and values and together we can continue on our explosive growth
- Able to prospect and build a pipeline, from identifying the right opportunities to gaining access to the right levels of and across an organization; influencing and building advocacy to create the conditions for enterprise
- Energetic and creative individual, possessing natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly
- Reputation for consistently delivering results and setting the example for work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Strong ability to develop rapport with new people, and to maintain relationships, combined with a positive, outgoing personality
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
- Able to distill and explain complex issues in simple terms
- An expert communicator with the ability to comfortably communicate across all levels of an organization
- Able to travel to clients monthly or quarterly based on business needs
What You'll Do:
- Take responsibility for the end-end sales processes in your territory, targeting hedge funds, asset managers, investment bankers and sell side research departments.
- This is a new client acquisition sales role, requiring you to research opportunities, initiate discussions, build prospect relationships, conduct demos, manage product trials and close sales.
- Forecast accurately and develop necessary pipeline to meet and exceed goals
- Partner closely with our marketing team to expand brand awareness
- Work closely with our Product Specialist team during trials to ensure client engagement
- Gather and pass on information on market and client product needs to sales, product management, content, and product marketing to help us continually enhance our products
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $75,000-$140,000
Additional Components: We offer a competitive benefits program, a generous commission plan with uncapped earning potential as well as equity.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.