Manager, Software Engineering (Site Reliability Engineering)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Our mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives globally.The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at Affirm is a specialized engineering team primarily focused on improving reliability across Affirm’s products, doing so while balancing the needs for feature velocity and resource efficiency. We’re looking for a manager for the Spain SRE sub-team.
What you'll do
- Build and manage the Spain SRE team, including team recruitment, new talent training, system operation/maintenance/coordination and team culture building.
- Improve the cross-team/time zone/regional cooperation mechanism, and provide SRE solutions in line with actual business scenarios based on business orientation.
- Lead projects on the global SRE team, including incident detection, mitigation, process automation, data analytics, etc
- Manage on-call processes to respond to performance and reliability issues, and establish best practices for coordinating escalation to resolve issues and minimize
What we look for
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and good English communication skills.
- Operational experience running a 24x7 production infrastructure at scale
- Familiar with SRE-related processes, understand the development trend of SRE technology in the industry, and have a good ability to build an SRE system
- 2+ years of experience in collaborating with distributed teams in distant time zones.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below:
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Location - Remote Spain
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.