Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What You’ll Do
- Own end-to-end analytics workflow, including defining success and performance metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating actionable dashboards and reports
- Work with data engineers to maintain and update key data pipeline and analytical datasets
- Proactively explore data and identify opportunities to help accelerate product development or improve the existing online identity and fraud decisioning process.
- Evaluate data to track the conversion and fraud impact through experiments and form recommendations.
- Translate analysis results to recommend rule creation and implementation and partner with Machine Learning team on building new fraud strategies
- Support new product formation and new vertical exploration under Trust and Safety area
What We Look For
- EXPERIENCE - 1 - 2.5/3 years of prior analytical experience in fraud/identity or credit at a payments or financial company.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity
- TECHNICAL SKILLS - Fluent in SQL; hands-on experience with Python
- COMMUNICATION - Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- MULTI-TASKING - Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- EDUCATION - Bachelor’s degree in a quantitatively rigorous discipline like engineering, statistics, math, finance, economics desired
- RISK KNOWLEDGE - Working knowledge of the fundamentals of payment processing and an understanding of industry risk trends, including familiarity with risk strategy development.
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $121,000 - $175,500
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $108,900 - $157,900
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.