Lead Product Manager, Consumer Servicing
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
Our Consumer servicing team is responsible for delivering a world-class servicing experience that delights the customer. The servicing team is focused on making the servicing user experience as transparent, seamless and efficient as possible. The team is also focused on providing best-in-class contact channel user experience and agent tooling for our support agents to help the consumers. As our Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading a strong product team to identify levers and build servicing platform capabilities and collaborate with cross-functional teams to utilize any and all levers available at your disposal to improve the consumer servicing experience. You will also be responsible for making servicing a scalable platform for future product and geographic expansion. The team is in a unique position to execute on levers focused on reducing cost and increasing consumer engagement. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for developing a product vision and strategy, building a team, and delivering delightful experiences to our consumers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach and lead a team of Product Managers and professionals in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
What You'll Do
- Understand Affirm users at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what are their constraints and challenges, their expectations with respect to servicing, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we could do better
- Build self-service user experiences significantly improve the servicing experience
- Improve the contact channel journeys in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Drive customer comms strategy to proactively reach out to customers and improve their servicing experience
- Be an expert on industry trends of consumer servicing and utilize the knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Understand the levers to optimize the servicing experience and utilize the available levers to delight the customers and increase their engagement
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Prior experience managing a small team of PMs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate customer problems and drive alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership
- An analytical metrics-based approach to identifying, sizing and solving problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- An experimentation mindset to come up with hypotheses, test them quickly and ship the features globally
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- A scrappy, get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- Prior experience working with ML models is preferred
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at establishing cross-functional relationships, tapping into those relationships and drive consensus to make progress
- Very good at influencing leadership and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $190,000 - $284,900
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $171,000 - $256,500
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?