Senior Engineering Manager, Affirm Card (Pay Later)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s next frontier is Affirm Card. Affirm Card is the first-of-its-kind financial product that enables a consumer to access debit card spending capabilities with the option to obtain a loan through the App. Consumers can spend with confidence at any merchant, in-store or online, and know they will be supported by the hallmark trust, transparency, and ‘no gotchas’ that define Affirm products. We are a full-stack & collaborative team, focused on delivering the right outcomes to our customers, so our work spans from launching new product features to improving the robustness of our financial platform. We operate with a high level of technical capability, strong cross functional communication, and a creative mindset.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Pay Later team within Affirm Card. This team owns all things lending with this product, including in-app checkout experiences, personalized financing options, merchant-level integrations, and transaction handling. This is an industry-defining product space, and as the engineering lead, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully influence not only Affirm’s future, but the future of the BNPL industry.
Affirm is experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You’ll Do
- Lead a high performing engineering team that includes an Engineering Manager & multiple Staff+ Engineers, and spans across multiple iOS, Android, Backend, and Web domains
- Collaborate with Product, Analytics, Design, Operations, Credit, Commercial, and other engineering teams to develop a long-term technical roadmap that meets customer & business needs
- Coach, develop, retain, and provide thoughtful feedback to team members
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity
- Foster a team culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
- Collaborate & align with other engineering leaders across Affirm
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- 8+ years of engineering experience, including 3+ years of management
- Track record of successfully architecting, building, launching, and growing consumer or financial products at scale
- Proven ability to scale and foster a high-performing & senior engineering team
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession over product excellence, and an ability to move fast
- Financial technology experience is a plus
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $222,300 - $325,000
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $200,000 - $300,100
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?